Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

User repeateble survey - possible?

• davey_b
  • davey_b's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #184742 by davey_b
User repeateble survey - possible? was created by davey_b
I have a moodle course that I have students enrolled in and I would like to create a survey that students can use to get results from people they email the survey to.

Ideally I would create a LimeSurvey survey and then students would be able to somehow have their own instance of the survey. What I mean is student 1 would be able to send a link to the survey to say 5 people and then view the results once these 5 people had completed the survey.

At the same time student 2 could have emailed a link to a different instance of the same survey, without them having to recreate it, and get results just from the people they sent the link to.

Not sure if this is within the realms of possibility but any thoughts would be much appreciated.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #184752 by holch
Replied by holch on topic User repeateble survey - possible?
As the students should only view the results of those they "recruited" you will need to have different surveys and can't resolve it with a token with various uses.

Now, you would have to create as many copies as you have students and you would need to give them the respective rights. Depending on the number of students this could take some time.

I am not sure if you could create those surveys via the API and also set the respective rights.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• davey_b
More
4 years 10 months ago #184782 by davey_b
Replied by davey_b on topic User repeateble survey - possible?
OK, thanks for that.

Just wonder then as an alternative if there is anyway where I could create a survey that could then be used by people in the following way (or similar). They would go to a page and enter the email addresses they wanted the survey sent to. The surveys would then be sent and some sort of unique code or link would be given to the person who is sending the survey out. This would then be used by them to see their results. Others would be able to do the same but they would get a different code / link and see their specific results.

I'm really looking for a way for multiple people to use the same survey and get just the results from the people they send them to without having to create the survey or ideally have to deal with having a limesurvey account and needing to login.
  • holch
More
4 years 10 months ago #184795 by holch
As I said before, you could use a token for each "recruiter" (with Token based response persistence off) and give each token for example 1000 "uses left" which would allow the use of the token link 1000 times. So then you could give a link with the respective token do each recruiter and you could identify the answers given bei people from this specific "recruiter". So everything would be in one survey.

The problem comes with showing the results: There is no way that I am aware of (at least not out of the box) to give access to the recruiters only to their respondents.

You would probably have to create your own reporting externally or you would have to create a plugin (not sure if this is all possible).

E.g. you could retreive responses via the API based on the token, I would guess. But this all would require at least some programming effort on your side.

Or you manually export the results table from time to time and separate it into different files, according to the token. But I guess this is not a solution for you.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• holch
More
4 years 10 months ago #184797 by holch
One other thought: Depending on what you are actually doing with this survey, you might be able to create a admin notification that sends the responses to the respective email addresses of the "recruiters" based on the token used.

This will not work for real surveys, because you want your data in in one datafile. But people use Limesurvey for all sorts of things, so I just put it out there as a different solution. I got this idea reading that you don't want them to have Limesurvey account or without the need to login.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 10 months ago #184814 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic User repeateble survey - possible?

holch wrote: The problem comes with showing the results: There is no way that I am aware of (at least not out of the box) to give access to the recruiters only to their respondents.

You would probably have to create your own reporting externally or you would have to create a plugin (not sure if this is all possible).

It's possible : responseListAndManage do it (is done for system near this one …).

You use token attribute : one column for recruiter_name (for example), on for is_recruiter. You can set the right of each token using this attribute in the plugin settings.
Use recruiter name for «group» and is_recruiter for «group manager»
Allow «group manager» to edit «group» response

You can even allow recruiter to create new member in his group …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: davey_b
  • holch
More
4 years 10 months ago #184828 by holch
@Denis: Sounds good. Wasn't aware of this plugin. Need to give it a deeper look one day.

@davey_b: Have a look at Denis' plugin. If it is not 100% what you are looking for, I am sure that you can hire Denis to adapt it to your specific needs. He is THE GUY to go to when it comes to plugins in Limesurvey.

The following user(s) said Thank You: davey_b
  • davey_b
More
4 years 10 months ago #184829 by davey_b
Thanks for the responses, that may offer a way forward.

What I'm trying to do with the survey is use it with mentors. They are enrolled in a course where they have access to resources for mentoring young people and can record details of sessions, goals etc. I'd like to have a standard survey that a mentor could send out to a few (less than 10) teachers and others and then get the results.

Wondering if there might be a solution outside of limesurvey that might suit also.
  • davey_b
More
4 years 10 months ago #184883 by davey_b
Thanks for that Denis, I'll have a look at that and see what I can do. I'll let you guys know how I get on.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose