Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

quick add answers different language

• solte98
  • solte98's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #180758 by solte98
quick add answers different language was created by solte98
So we have created a survey with different languages, and we have a dropdown question that has a 140 options. We can do a quick add, but we cant find a way to do a quick add for the translated answers.

If we do a quick add replace when we select a different language, e.g. german. The german answers will also be in the english tab.

anyway around this in version 2.73
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #180763 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic quick add answers different language
You add all of the languages at the same time, each row contains tab or semi-colon separated values for the answer code and text in each language.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch, solte98
  • holch
More
5 years 1 month ago #180764 by holch
Replied by holch on topic quick add answers different language
Sounds great, tpartner.

But depending on your server settings you might run into problems with the php max vars setting, if you have too many variables to add at the same time.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• solte98
  • solte98's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 1 month ago #180780 by solte98
Replied by solte98 on topic quick add answers different language
@tpartner,

thanks for that.... that has solved it. @Holch, yes, you are right. we have to edit the php.ini for the max var settings.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #180784 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic quick add answers different language

holch wrote: But depending on your server settings you might run into problems with the php max vars setting, if you have too many variables to add at the same time.

Yes, but we can not really fix it …

Maybe always add a hidden input in all form : if thi hidden input is not here : show a warning
«It's seems all input are not in posted value, see manual of limesurvey for fixing this issue»

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by DenisChenu.
  • tpartner
More
5 years 1 month ago - 5 years 1 month ago #180795 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic quick add answers different language

holch wrote: But depending on your server settings you might run into problems with the php max vars setting, if you have too many variables to add at the same time.

Yup, but at least you have the option of adding answers instead of replacing so you can add them in batches.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 5 years 1 month ago by tpartner.
  • holch
More
5 years 1 month ago #180801 by holch
Replied by holch on topic quick add answers different language

Yes, but we can not really fix it …

Correct. And it is not the task of Limesurvey to fix the configuration of the server. Never the less it is good to mention, because it avoids back and forth when things don't work out as expected.

I think the feature to quick add is amazing. I was so happy when it came the first time (I think for 2.06 or something).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 1 month ago #180807 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic quick add answers different language

tpartner wrote:

Yup, but at least you have the option of adding answers instead of replacing so you can add them in batches.

If i don't make error,

Even when adding : all input are send. Since there are 4 inputs (or more ?) by answer/subquestion : with default settings of php : it broke at ~250 .
If you have 200 subquestion, adding 100 : it need the 1200 inputs posted value, not only 400 … :(

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
4 years 2 weeks ago #195978 by ymca
Replied by ymca on topic quick add answers different language
Thanks.
Note for me:
manual.limesurvey.org/Multilingual_surve...ick-translation_tool

tpartner wrote: You add all of the languages at the same time, each row contains tab or semi-colon separated values for the answer code and text in each language.

LS Version 4.2+
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose