Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is there any way to recover a recently deleted survey response?

• oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #180639 by oleggorfinkel
I was careless and ended up manually deleting a single completed survey response. Is there any way to recover it (perhaps via an SQL rollback, etc.)?

Oleg G.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 1 month ago #180642 by tpartner
Sorry, nope unless you backed up the database.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 1 month ago #180643 by oleggorfinkel
Oh well... thanks for answering. [sigh]

Oleg G.
  • holch
More
5 years 1 month ago #180655 by holch
I generally download responses periodically when running surveys, just to be on the save side. Should be something wrong with the installation, at least I have the old ones. Depending on the daily number of responses I do that daily or every two days or every week or something. It doesn't take too much time, because usually you follow the field anyway, but it saves you from these kind of things. Also, whenever I clean anything in the system, I generally download a dataset and just archive it. Should something happen like you described, at least you have it in Excel or CSV and can include it in the final data set if necessary.

Of course this is too late now for you, but maybe for the future worth for consideration. Maybe I am a little paranoid, but it doesn't take much time and doesn't hurt to have several versions of the responses downloaded. Just make sure that you are not getting confused which is the latest one.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose