Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

User demographic tracking

• djole011
  • djole011's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 4 months ago #178178 by djole011
User demographic tracking was created by djole011
Wanted to ask this group few questions around survey participants tracking. In addition to tokens, we want to exclude users from EU, ASIA and other world markets in particular around US based healthcare surveys. Is there a way that we can somehow track the responder via IP address once they land on our survey. What user demographic tools have you guys used to gather basic end user information. Certainly, I understand that I can use Google Analytics however I have certain disclaimers that end users have to agree to so all we are trying to solve is geographical restriction access.

If any of you worked with any tools that can be used along with LimeSurvey that would be very helpful. Any third party tools are welcome. We are running the latest version of LimeSurvey CE.

many thanks!!!
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #178191 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic User demographic tracking
Use Matomo : matomo.org/
matomo and gdpr : matomo.org/docs/gdpr/

2 way to add it :
1. directly add the script it in needed twig file
2. Use a dedicated plugin : github.com/SteveCohen/Piwik-for-Limesurvey (maybe must be reviewed for 3.0)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose