Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dummy Participants and Updating Tokens Table

• grant32
  • grant32's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago - 5 years 6 months ago #173236 by grant32
I have created a list of dummy participants in the tokens table in order to give potential participants a URL with a unique token (I can't upload their email as they are not yet known).

The survey itself asks for their name and email address. Is there an easy way to update the tokens table with this information? Ideally I would like a confirmation email to be sent, but at the moment it isn't because the email field in the tokens table is empty.
Last edit: 5 years 6 months ago by grant32.
The topic has been locked.
  • Joffm
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #173238 by Joffm
Hi,

if you only want to sent a confirmation mail to this email address it is sufficient to enter in the field "send email to"
{Q1_SQ002}
assuming Q1 is a multi short text question asking for name (in SQ001) and email (in SQ002).

Regards
Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • tpartner
More
5 years 6 months ago #173254 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Dummy Participants and Updating Tokens Table
You cannot directly update the token table with information from within the survey.

A workaround would be to use the basic admin notification email instead of the confirmation email. You will need to modify the template for that email and enter the question code of your email question in the "Send basic admin notification email to" field.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
5 years 1 month ago #180834 by bulgin
I like this solution in regards to adding information. However, using the "Send basic admin notification email " solution doens't allow me to *also* send a customized attribute_1 URL in the email, at least not that I could find.

And using the attribute_1 in the confirmation allows me to send a customized attribute_1 URL but not import or otherwise insert into the tokenized user record an email address that is input into a question and used as the send-to email address.

I can have a half solution in each option. Anyway to accomplish sending *both* a customized URL attribute_1 link *and* sending it as an email to an email address entered during the survey taking process?
  • tpartner
More
5 years 1 month ago #180837 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Dummy Participants and Updating Tokens Table

However, using the "Send basic admin notification email " solution doens't allow me to *also* send a customized attribute_1 URL in the email, at least not that I could find.

Why not? Have you tried {TOKEN:ATTRIBUTE_1} in the email template?

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: bulgin
More
5 years 1 month ago #180840 by bulgin
Works great! I love limesurvey and the limesurvey team! One of the best opensource software available today! Love it! Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose