Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Using other audio players than the standard html player

• noemi01
  • noemi01's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #133188 by noemi01
Hi Community,

up to date I've used the html tag <audio controls=""> to play sound files within surveys. I need to do this, because my survey participants should judge over different sounds. They should press play, listen to the sound and then answer specific questions.

Now, the requirements have changed - participants should adapt the volume of the given sound in different ways. This is still possible with the volume controler of <audio controls="">. But at the volume controler of <audio controls=""> it is not possible for me to read out the exact value of the volume adjustment the participant made - and thats exactly the information I need. I really need the exact value - like its displayed in windows volume control for example.

Do you have any ideas how to solve this problem?

Is it possible to integrate another audio player (for example via java)? How could this work?
Furthermore, is there any posibility to save this value at the result file of the survey?

Thank you very much for any help. :) :) :)

Best Regards,
Noemi Martin
The topic has been locked.
More
8 years 1 month ago #133195 by jelo
You might take a look at Jplayer.
jplayer.org/latest/demo-01/

I am no Jquery-wizard, but the volume property might be written in a hidden textfield.

But I am not sure if the values itself can be compared between different systems.
Different speaker. When you use external speakers the volume might be set on two different controls.
You approach might be worthless. It depends on what the volumes values are used for.
It could work when every respondent uses the same hardware and software.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #133204 by tpartner
Further to jelo's suggestion, jPlayer has a "volumechange" event - jplayer.org/latest/developer-guide/#jPlayer-events

So, something like this should return a number between 0 and 1 when the volume is adjusted:

Code:
$("#yourPlayerID").bind($.jPlayer.event.volumechange, function(event) { 
  var volume = event.jPlayer.options.volume;
  // Do something with the volume value
  console.log(volume);
});

[Edit] You can also place that event in the jPlayer constructor

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by tpartner.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose