Sync Limesurvey Database

More
3 years 5 months ago #101035 by profmey
Guys, i had interview project to area that didnt had internet connection, so i decide the interview in CAPI mode... All interviewer carrying laptop to respondents... so i installed lime survey servey in all laptop (local server used xaamp)... When the team reach office and had internet connection, can all laptop used in interview synchronyzing data base to another server in office?

Thanks for the attention...
Best Regards...

Hilman F

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #101258 by tpartner
I don't know whether you can do this automatically but you can do it with VVExport and VVImport - manual.limesurvey.org/Exporting_results#..._and_VVImport_.28.29

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 years 4 months ago #101261 by c_schmitz
Though you will need to make sure that the database and survey looks the same on all laptops - same IDs etc. Otherwise you might get in alot of trouble.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader

More
3 years 4 months ago #101264 by tpartner
Yep, good point c_schmitz. I assumed the remote installations were just copies of the "master".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

More
3 years 4 months ago #101267 by holch
I would just join the results tables...

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #101462 by DenisChenu
Fixed with 2.05 vv version2 : same Question code is OK to import VV file.

manual.limesurvey.org/Exporting_results#...e_.28New_in_2.05_.29

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand (or search sondages pro).
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by DenisChenu.

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #101511 by first
If we make changes in survey (add/delete few questions) on server in the mean time while interviewer carrying laptop to respondents. Will interviewer still be able to export data of the questions that match on laptop and server.

Survey Designer and Programmer
Last Edit: 3 years 4 months ago by first.

More
3 years 4 months ago #101515 by holch
How should this work? You need to make sure that each computer contains the exact same survey, otherwise you will get a lot of data chaos.

Limesurvey can not syncronize the surveys on the different computers.

For this, you need to run the survey online from one server.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds