LimeSurvey version 2.5 RC available in ComfortUpdate

More
1 year 7 months ago #127968 by LouisGac
LouisGac created the topic: LimeSurvey version 2.5 RC available in ComfortUpdate
We recently published the first release candidate of the new LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey 2.5...

We recently published the first release candidate of the new LimeSurvey version: LimeSurvey 2.5 . You can read the article we wrote about it few weeks ago to have a quick overview of the changes.

Read more...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
1 year 7 months ago #128012 by gantier
gantier replied the topic: LimeSurvey version 2.5 RC available in ComfortUpdate
Hello,

I just saw the message on my Limesurvey and came here. I am very interrested in the V2.5 and I think it will improve a lot of things BUT :
I regret that such a BIG RED MESSAGE is displayed to all users at each connexion for an unstable version.

For my usage those messages are a pain because I have to explain thoses alerts and reassure the users (i.e. not admin, webaster... Only people that want to create and manage surveys).

I hope the this bug will be corrected soon...
Regards.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, holch, Ben_V

More
1 year 7 months ago #128035 by holch
holch replied the topic: LimeSurvey version 2.5 RC available in ComfortUpdate
I agree. Those messages should be displayed (if at all) to the administrator of the installation and not to everyone.

People who want to upgrade to the unstable version will probably know what they are doing anyway. They could easily go into comfortupdate tab and choose the unstable version.

For anyone else, these messages should not show at all. Bad enough that the update messages are shown to everyone (which I don't think should be done), but now even the unstable updates are announced in this very intrusive way? Sorry, as much as I like the Comfortupdate, this is too much.

I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member. I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time. No support via private message.
Some helpful links: Manual (EN) | Question Types | Workarounds

More
1 year 7 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #128063 by geraldC
geraldC replied the topic: LimeSurvey version 2.5 RC available in ComfortUpdate
In the meantime, I added :

#update-alert {
display: none;
}

Hope there will be a correction soon.
Thanks
Last Edit: 1 year 7 months ago by geraldC.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now