Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Version number not updating

• lukeappleton
  • lukeappleton's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #191817 by lukeappleton
Version number not updating was created by lukeappleton
Hi,

I have been a long time LimeSurvey user and I absolutely love this fantastic piece of open source software. We have been using it at our non-profit for a number of years without issue but having run the latest update I have experienced a strange issue. I have had a look at the forum and at the bug tracker and haven't been able to see this replicated.

Basically I have updated from 3.17.7 to the latest version 3.21.0. Everything has worked - I have followed the instructions on the manual to the letter however it is still saying 3.17.7 in the version number. Try as I might I cannot work out why? I have not been prompted to run a DB update. The version.php file is correct. If anyone could suggest why this is happening I would greatly appreciate it.

My System:
- PHP 5.6
- Postgres database
- Debian 3.16.
- Apache / Virtualmin

Thank you so much in advance for any advice,
Luke
The topic has been locked.
  • lukeappleton
  • lukeappleton's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 4 months ago #192081 by lukeappleton
Replied by lukeappleton on topic Version number not updating
[UPDATE]
So nobody assisted with this but I did get to the bottom of it. It turns out it was just a case of waiting. After about 24 hours the correct version started displaying. Very odd as I had cleared cache, used different browsers and devices. But importantly it seemed to just solve itself.
More
4 years 4 months ago #192083 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Version number not updating

lukeappleton wrote: So nobody assisted with this but I did get to the bottom of it

If no other user have experienced this issue, I find it quite normal that nobody answered your post. This forum is mostly read by users. Official support can sometimes happen via forum, but is not the norm.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 4 months ago #192103 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Version number not updating
And here : your explanation seems more Server related system … one front server, you update another server and a copy happen .

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose