Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Install LimeSurvey on Windows 10

• BluStar15
  • BluStar15's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 7 months ago #188685 by BluStar15
Install LimeSurvey on Windows 10 was created by BluStar15
Hello Everyone

I was reading the LimeSurvey Manual and it says that there is a LimeSurvey XAMPP package that includes the whole installation for a local environment on Windows, but I can't find such file. Does anyone have a tutorial or the how to install the latest LimeSurvey Release on windows?

Thank you
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 7 months ago #188688 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Install LimeSurvey on Windows 10
There was once a version of Limesurvey in XAMPP, not sure if this is still maintained.

However, I never used it. I just downloaded and installed XAMPP ( www.apachefriends.org/index.html ) and then installed Limesurvey.

This is quite a straight forward process and not different to installing it on a webhost.

Just put the extracted Limesurvey folder into the htdocs folder of Xampp, open a browser and navigate to this browser via http://localhost/pathtoyourlimesurveyfolder/ and follow the installation routine. It's a GUI, there is very little you can do wrong.

But, keep in mind that this setup is basically only meant for testing and programming, not for productive use, as XAMPP is not meant for this purpose (should not be accessible via the internet). You might know this already, but I think it is better to mention it, because some people thought that just installing Limesurvey on their personal computer will allow them to run online surveys. It's not impossible, but you need to know what you are doing (setting up a server and making it secure, setting up your network and making it secure, etc.).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: BluStar15
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose