Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

I updated lime survey yesterday and a problem happened after

• LSSSurvey1
  • LSSSurvey1's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 9 months ago #185258 by LSSSurvey1
Hi,
I updated my lime survey yesterday and today i found out that there is a bug, one of the questions is showing up like the attached screenshot .. what i am guessing is there is a very long question and the new update is now putting a line break so the question text is pushing the answers area..
the survey is live and active and i can't replace it now.. any help or suggestions please?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 9 months ago #185259 by holch
From what version to what version did you update?

What template is used?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• LSSSurvey1
More
4 years 9 months ago #185260 by LSSSurvey1
i had version 3 but not sure the sub version .. now i am on Version 4.0.0-beta+190509
  • holch
More
4 years 9 months ago #185262 by holch
You should not update to 4.0.0 beta, as it is still BETA. This is not for productive work, it is still in test phase and has not been released as stable.

Latest stable version is 3.17.4.

How did you update? Comfort Update clearly states that it is a BETA version and unstable.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• LSSSurvey1
More
4 years 9 months ago #185263 by LSSSurvey1
is there anyway i can downgrade back?
  • holch
More
4 years 9 months ago #185264 by holch
That is a good question.

In theory, you should be able to manually downgrade. BUT, I don't know if there have been any updates to the database from LS 3 to LS 4 beta, and if so, if they have any impact on downgrading.

Are you a user of comfort update (paid)? If so, you could get in touch with Limesurvey GmbH and see if Louis has some feedback on how to best downgrade. You could create a support ticket (go to "Support" on the top navigation). But it should be quite late in Germany already, so you might have to wait until tomorrow.

As you are live, I guess you need to solve this rather sooner than later.

Another option could be, that your survey design template does not work well with LS 4. As far as I know, there shouldn't be any problems, but who knows.

If you are using a custom template, try to use one of the shipped templates and see what happens.

One other thing to look at: What is the value of "subquestion width" in this specific question?
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Ar...subquestion_width.29

• LSSSurvey1
More
4 years 9 months ago #185265 by LSSSurvey1
yes i am a paid user. i will reach out to GmbH.. thanks for the advice.

can you guide me where is the "subquestion_width" is located? i searched in the global setting and can't find it!, that might resolve the problem if i can find it and if it works.
  • LSSSurvey1
More
4 years 9 months ago #185266 by LSSSurvey1
i changed this setting "subquestion width" but when i save it gives an error saying "Question could not be stored, reload page" , i reload it and get the same problem.
  • holch
More
4 years 9 months ago #185267 by holch
Well, as I said, 4.0.0 beta is a unstable beta version, only for testing and bug hunting. It is not even a Release candidate, which generally have less bugs but are not yet classified as stable.

can you guide me where is the "subquestion_width" is located? i searched in the global setting and can't find it!, that might resolve the problem if i can find it and if it works.

Obviously you found it. As the link that I posted shows, it is a configuration of this specific question, not global settings.

The following user(s) said Thank You: LSSSurvey1
More
4 years 9 months ago #185270 by cdorin
Please also check the /tmp directory (located in your LimeSurvey folder) for any backup.

Manual: manual.limesurvey.org/LimeSurvey_Manual
Bugs tracker: bugs.limesurvey.org/my_view_page.php
If you self-host and need help, contact one of our partners: limesurvey.com
Please do not contact me via PM - thank you.
  • LSSSurvey1
More
4 years 9 months ago #185274 by LSSSurvey1
I checked with the support and they don't have a solution for me.. i am on my own i guess.
i am thinking to change the value of "(Sub)question width (subquestion_width)" in the database because it also error out when i try to change it in the interface.. i am disprate for a solution..
anybody by chance knows which table in the database that stores the values of "(Sub)question width (subquestion_width)" ?
  • holch
More
4 years 9 months ago #185276 by holch
You took a huge risk by updating to an unstable version. I guess the risk to try a manual downgrade is probably a lot lower than that. I probably would try to downgrade and see what happens.

I assume you downloaded the backup file during the upgrade process, so you should be able to use this backup to get your installation back to the previous status. If something goes wrong, you can always try to upgrade back again, but I think the old version will work better than the 4.0 beta.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose