Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

What is the newest limesurvey I can run using mysql v5.1.73 and php v5.3.3?

• djbthesecond
  • djbthesecond's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #182892 by djbthesecond
Howdy,

Because reasons, my LAMP stack included mysql v5.1.73 and php v5.3.3 and I'm running limesurvey v2.06

I had a look at the site www.limesurvey.org/downloads/category/24-archived-releases but I don't see details about the minimum version specs for each release.

Could someone please recommend a version that I can safely upgrade to given the limitations above?
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 11 months ago #182939 by holch
I think you should think about updating/upgrading your LAMP stack as well. PHP 5.3.3 is EOL for a while now and your server is potentially vulnerable.
www.php.net/eol.php

For the 5.3 branch end of life was 14 Aug 2014, so 4 years and 7 months ago! And you don't even have updated to the latest version of this branch (5.3.29).

Your MySQL version is even older: 5.1 EOL date: 2013-12-31.

So please update your LAMP stack to recent versions.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: cdorin
  • djbthesecond
  • djbthesecond's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 11 months ago #183140 by djbthesecond
Sorry, I should have stated that my hands are tied as far as mysql and php versions are concerned.

Can anyone recommend a most recent version of limesurvey that will run in this environment?
  • holch
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #183177 by holch
Sorry if this might sound harsh, but I think it needs to be said:

No, I can not recommend to run ANYTHING in this environment. This environment is potentially dangerous and I can not recommend to run any web application in this environment, let alone an application like Limesurvey that collects (personal) data from respondents. You have a responsibility for the collected data and your respondents expect you to handle their data with the utmost confidenciality and data safety, which with such an outdated is not possible to guarantee.

In times of GDPR (even if outside of Europe it will get you one day, because many countries are planning on implementing similiar things) you should make sure your system is safe and up to date.

Sorry, my only recommendation is to setup a secure and up to date server environment.

Whatever ties your hands to this server enviroment should rethink this. There are always possibilities of security issues in software, even in the most recent versions. But using software versions that haven't been updated and are EOL for 4-5 years is basically asking for problems. Today robots are scanning the web continously, just checking for vulnerable software, it is only a matter of time until they find it.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by holch.
More
4 years 11 months ago - 4 years 11 months ago #183223 by Ben_V
Hi,

with such environment your unique (but a good one) possibility is:

github.com/SondagesPro

Releases notes

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Ben_V.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose