Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Taking a long time to save data - is this a PHP config issue?

• JamiRae
  • JamiRae's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174604 by JamiRae
Hi, I'm running Lime survey Version 3.14.9+180917 - just upgraded and things seem to be working okay. I was getting an error "The CSRF token could not be verified" so I updated my PHP.ini based on feedback in this thread:
www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...ould-not-be-verified

session.gc_maxlifetime = 10800
max_input_time = 10800
max_execution_time = 10800
memory_limit = 1024M
upload_max_filesize =110M
post_max_size =650M

The problem now is that it seems to take forever to save. For instance, when doing the "save and resume later" after entering information then clicking submit and after completing the survey and clicking 'submit', it seems like nothing is happening for awhile (more than 20 seconds, you know that is forever when you are expecting something to happen) - then after patiently waiting, I get a confirmation screen.

As a work around I added language to the page that instructs respondents to be patient, but this is a bit annoying. is this normal or do I have some of my settings too high? (like max_execution_time?)

thanks in advance for any guidance.
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 6 months ago #174607 by jelo
"The CSRF token could not be verified" can be caused by many things.

You shouldn't just grab some values from a thread and change the php.ini of your installation.
The specs of your server are important to decide what values are used. If other php scripts are running on the same php.ini you might hurt the overall responsiveness of your server.

Without knowing anything else, I just recommend to reduce values:
Please set max_execution_time to 30 , max_input_time to -1 and memory_limit to 256M.
And check again.

What version of LimeSurvey was used before the update?
And what PHP version is used?

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • JamiRae
  • JamiRae's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174612 by JamiRae
thanks for the reply, Jelo.

prior to the update I was running version 2.67.3+170728 - which I do actually still have installed on another instance of the server so I can go back to it, which I did. oh, and my server is running php 7.1

you have to admit it is kind of funny you telling me that:
"You shouldn't just grab some values from a thread and change the php.ini of your installation" because here I am changing it again based on your input form a thread. haha!

but in all seriousness, I did do a little more research on these variables so I understand why you indicated that I should change them back - so I did.

honestly I just need this survey up and running quickly so I went back to the old install and that is working great, though it still takes a little over 20 seconds at the final submission to save the data and get the confirmation screen. I think it will be okay for now.

the 3.14 install still has issues, so I'm just going to not use it for now. thanks again for your guidance. When I need to set up another survey and if I still have issues, I'll be sure to scrutinize any information I find to make sure I understand what is going on before I make any changes.

thank you again!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose