Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

unable to send mail (smtp)

• BobDeBuilder
  • BobDeBuilder's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #173558 by BobDeBuilder
unable to send mail (smtp) was created by BobDeBuilder
Hi All

have been pulling my hair out, and i guess its going to be simple fix that i have misses

I have installed LS 3.7.1 on a CentOS 7 VM

all seems to work ok, other than unable to send email via smtp

have a local 2010 exchange server and tested sending to the smtp relay via powershell, works fine

I have tried IP and host name for the smtp server, and changed ports

changed the encryption type

one thing i have noticed no matter how many times if have removed the "dots" in the smtp password dialog box it auto populates and i am not sure with what

every time i create a new administrator it thinks about sending the PW email for a bit then get the error "warning email to xxx@ccc.com failed"

if I try to recover the admin PW from the home page forgotten password, it jumps to a new page with the error "this page isn't working"

Cheers
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 7 months ago #173560 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic unable to send mail (smtp)

BobDeBuilder wrote: have a local 2010 exchange server and tested sending to the smtp relay via powershell, works fine

The powershell was used on which server? Not the CentOS7 VM, right? If not, you might try it: github.com/PowerShell/PowerShell

1. The mail account is a full exchange account (no shared mailbox etc..)?
2. You already checked if VM and Exchangeserver can reach each other via network?
telnet mail.example.com 25 from the CentOS CLI.
Depending on the CentOS setup you might block connections to the exchange server.
3. You tried an E-Mailclient (like Thunderbird) to connect to the exchange server?

4. Provide Screenshot and error log file (debug mode for email can be activated in LimeSurvey on the same screen where you enter the mail settings.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose