Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Error after updating LimeSurvey to latest version

• Matadeleo
  • Matadeleo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #168816 by Matadeleo
Hi,

I've set up a new server running the Latest version of LimeSurvey and I'm using ComfortUpdate to keep it up to date.

Current LS:
Code:
Version 3.7.3+180516

However, I'm seeing an error appear all over the place - but especially when editing existing questions.

The error:
Code:
Internal Server Error
Property "SurveyDynamic.refurl" is not defined.

The error doesn't seem to prevent things from happening - if I edit the question text of a question then save, I get that error, but if I go back to the page, the change has been made.

Anyone got any ideas how I can get rid of this annoyance?
The topic has been locked.
  • elissa
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 11 months ago #168831 by elissa
Hi, I'm not an expert in those server issues but recently I had problems with Internal Server Error and colleagues suggested that this may be caused by some damaged files that may be corrupted during ftp transfer ( www.limesurvey.org/community/forums/inst...stallation-and-error ). Actually, that was the issue. I transferred the (same) files again and everything is OK now. Of course your issue may be completely different. Just a suggestion.

Cheers

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
  • Matadeleo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 11 months ago #168835 by Matadeleo
I've experienced similar issues myself with uploading via FTP, however this install was done on an AWS linux server, I downloaded the tarball from LimeSurvey straight to the server and extracted.

Since the code seems to be looking for something it can't find, it sounds like a similar issue - but I don't know how I would go about tracking down the problem file and replacing it with a fresh one.
More
5 years 11 months ago #168867 by John_K
Yes- I too get a similar error when attempting to create a new user in LS 3.7.2 or when attempting to import an existing survey from LS 2.0.6 - Displays an error, but when I open LS in a new tab, I can see the new entry. Though I'm not sure if all relevant data is getting populated to required referential tables at DB level. Not sure what/where to check.
Interestingly, the import of an .lss survey to LS 3.7.2 does not populate the diff groups & questions in the survey- Only the survey summary & not the rest of the survey structure.
JK
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 11 months ago #168921 by holch
I guess you guys won a bug report. Please go to bugs.limesurvey.org to retrieve your prize... ;-)

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Matadeleo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 10 months ago #169311 by Matadeleo
Hi Holch, apologies for the delay I was on holiday. Did a bug report get created for this, or do you just hint that one of us create one?

I'm not sure how to find if someone else has already made a report for it, and not sure I can provide all the information required.
  • holch
  • Away
More
5 years 10 months ago #169326 by holch
OK, I tried to be funny but probably wasn't very clear: you should create a bug report for this. Bug reports are best created by those that experience it and can reproduce it. It doesn't make sense for me to create a bug report, because it is you that knows your environment and what is happening.

To find out if someone else has mad a similar bug report, you can search in the bug database. But even if a bug is reported twice, it is probably better than not reported at all.

However, you should first check if the problem persists in the latest version and there have been a couple since you started this thread.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• Matadeleo
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 10 months ago - 5 years 10 months ago #169336 by Matadeleo
Sorry I ruined your joke :blush:

I will do like you said and update to latest version when my projects are complete, and if problem persists will try to get ll the required info for bug report.

The bug for me seems to occur on: Version 3.7.3 & Version 3.8.0+180522

And to reproduce - if I activate survey and make edits to text then I get a server error:
Code:
Internal Server Error
Property "SurveyDynamic.refurl" is not defined.

Seems to be failing to send me back to the page I made the edit from, after changes are made. Hitting back button twice takes me back to LimeSurvey and I can continue.
Last edit: 5 years 10 months ago by Matadeleo.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose