Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

open limesurvey admin page on mobile phone

• DanielVN
  • DanielVN's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #164130 by DanielVN
Hi Guys,

I have recently updated my limeversion from v.2.06 to v2.73. I'm using frequently limesurvey on my mobile phone (HTC 10) to check the progress of my active survey and send invites.

The admin page ( vnmarketresearch.eu/panel/index.php/admin/index ) was displayed properly on v.2.06, but now using v2.73 I'm getting the message:

"Your browser scree size is too small to use the administration properly. The minimum size required is 1280x1024px."

Is there any setting that I can change in order to use the admin page as before?

Thank you very much in advance.

Cheers
Daniel
The topic has been locked.
  • LouisGac
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
6 years 1 month ago #164132 by LouisGac
Replied by LouisGac on topic open limesurvey admin page on mobile phone
Once you close the alert you can still access a survey list and statistics.

You should not use a smartphone to send invites, a wrong move or an involuntary click could have important consequences.
  • DanielVN
More
6 years 1 month ago #164133 by DanielVN
Replied by DanielVN on topic open limesurvey admin page on mobile phone
Thank you very much for your answer.

It's a shame actually 'cause i have sent invites via my phone numerous times with no issues whatsoever, but i guess that with the new layout it's not so user friendly on mobile device.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 1 month ago #164142 by holch
Replied by holch on topic open limesurvey admin page on mobile phone
I agree with Louis - partitially. Of course, ideally you sit at your desk with a huge screen and do everything calmly. However, we all know, that in practice, it is not always working like this. So I think it would be good if the backend could be used reasonably with mobile phones as well, especially with the resolutions today. I have used the old interface on a phone, to check on certain things and it worked reasonably well. That said, I haven't used the new interface with a phone yet, so I can not say how it compares. But while I agree that you usually should use a big screen to work comfortably with LS, it should be possible to do quick stuff via phone. You won't program a huge survey via your phone, but checking on progress, solve problems while on the move, etc should be possible. We are in 2018, smartphones are the number one tool for most people out there.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DanielVN
More
6 years 1 month ago #164170 by DanielVN
Replied by DanielVN on topic open limesurvey admin page on mobile phone
I totally agree and this is exactly what I was using the old interface for (small tweaks on some questions as last minute request from the clients or sending small batches of invites in order to get some missing completes towards the end of the fieldwork).
Hopefully we will be able to use the new interface like the old one as well.

Cheers
Daniel

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose