Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Too many email invitations sent out

• DB1324
  • DB1324's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #163934 by DB1324
Too many email invitations sent out was created by DB1324
We've had a problem reported to us where LimeSurvey seems to be sending email invitations to some participants in error, i.e. the user selects 5 participants to receive the invitation, and LimeSurvey sends emails to 40 participants. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

The steps:

1) Upload participants to LimeSurvey with tokens, email address etc.

2) In 'Display participants', tick 5 participant checkboxes for people to receive email invitations.

3) At the bottom of the screen press 'Selected participant(s)...' > 'Send email invitations'

We're aware this could be user error, e.g. pressing 'Send email invitation' at the top of the page rather than the 'Selected participant(s)...' link at the bottom, but our users insist they have been careful to press the right buttons. Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Our LimeSurvey build is Version 2.65+170522
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 2 months ago #163971 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Too many email invitations sent out
Haven't heard of such a problem yet (which doesn't mean it couldn't exist).

Can you reproduce the problem? This would be the first step. Because if you can't reproduce, I would say it is a user error.

Should you be able to reproduce:

But 2.65 is not the latest version of the 2.x branch. Before trying to do any tests, etc. I would rather update to the latest version and see if the problem perisist.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose