Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Access to my surveys

• iPrint
  • iPrint's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #152223 by iPrint
Access to my surveys was created by iPrint
Hi,

I had no access anymore to my surveys yesterday because of the login/password. I asked for a new one, and another one, and another one, but none of them have worked.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Céline
The topic has been locked.
  • c_schmitz
  • LimeSurvey GmbH Employee
More
7 years 1 week ago #152226 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Access to my surveys
Hello Céline,

the issue should be resolved now. Please do contact us in the future using our ticket tracker if you have a technical problem with your LimeSurvey Professional hosting.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
  • iPrint
More
7 years 1 week ago #152230 by iPrint
Replied by iPrint on topic Access to my surveys
Hi,

Unfortunately it's not. I tried my old password and also asked for a new one. But nothing has worked.

Céline
  • c_schmitz
More
7 years 1 week ago #152231 by c_schmitz
Replied by c_schmitz on topic Access to my surveys
Always reset the password for your LimeSurvey Professional installation at www.limesurvey.org/your-account/your-limesurvey-profile - please also note that the login name is case-sensitive.

Best regards

Carsten Schmitz
LimeSurvey project leader
More
7 years 1 week ago #152234 by herrerof
Replied by herrerof on topic Access to my surveys
I have the same problem... when I try to login, limesurvey says: "You have exceeded the maximum number of login attempts. Please wait 10 minutes before trying again."... I can be waiting for hours that limesurvey always answers the same :-(

Please, I need help
  • iPrint
More
7 years 1 week ago #152235 by iPrint
Replied by iPrint on topic Access to my surveys
Actually it worked for me :) I really hope it will work for you too!
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 1 week ago #152236 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Access to my surveys
OK, please be specific. Do you also use Limesurvey Professional hosting? In this case, you really have the same problem and you should follow what c_schmitz says: open a support ticket for Limesurvey Professional hosting. We in the forum can not help you with this kind of problem when you do not host yourself.

Do you host yourself? Then it is not the same problem. ;-)
In this case, if you are the administrator of the installation, we can try to help you here.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
7 years 1 week ago #152237 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Access to my surveys

holch wrote: Do you host yourself? Then it is not the same problem. ;-)

It the same issue . It's a brute force functionality which isn't controllable via GUI. You normally would expect to have a white-list available. Think about the classroom situation, where a bunch of people are access the LimeSurvey installation with the same IP. A few enter the credentials wrong at the first time and you got everybody blocked. This ticket was closed in 2015 because it is no issue.

bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=9882

The SaaS focus will help us here. If ticket system gets flooded there is a new source of motivation to reduce that kind of issues.Or the codebase for the professional hosting only will be modified. Which is something to watch closely in the next 12 months.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • holch
More
7 years 1 week ago #152251 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Access to my surveys
Well, the source/issue might be the same, the problem solution is different (or can be). If Limesurvey Professional Hosting: There is nothing we can do here.

If not Limesurvey Professional Hosting we can try to find a way to get there. But need more information. That is actually what I wanted to say. Of course there is a general problem if too many wrong attempts from the same IP happen, but while we might not solve the basis of this (which is actually a good thing in general, with some quirks in specific areas), we might be able to help someone to get back into their installation.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose