Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Installation issue with MS SQL

• maazbaig1234
  • maazbaig1234's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago #150038 by maazbaig1234
Installation issue with MS SQL was created by maazbaig1234
I am trying to install lime survey on my local using windows, xamp and sql server.

I have successfully created database but when i populate the database on step 4 (configuration). I got the below error.

Error :

Please fix the following input errors:

There were errors when trying to populate the database:
Executing: INSERT INTO lime_boxes ([position], [url], [title], [ico], [desc], [page], [usergroup]) VALUES(1, 'admin/survey/sa/newsurvey', 'Create survey', 'add', 'Create a new survey', 'welcome', '-2'),(2, 'admin/survey/sa/listsurveys', 'List surveys', 'list', 'List available surveys', 'welcome', '-1'),(3, 'admin/globalsettings', 'Global settings', 'settings', 'Edit global settings', 'welcome', '-2'),(4, 'admin/update', 'ComfortUpdate', 'shield', 'Stay safe and up to date', 'welcome', '-2'),(5, 'admin/labels/sa/view', 'Label sets', 'label','Edit label sets', 'welcome', '-2'),(6, 'admin/templates/sa/view', 'Template editor', 'templates', 'Edit LimeSurvey templates', 'welcome', '-2'); failed! Reason: exception 'CDbException' with message 'CDbCommand failed to execute the SQL statement: SQLSTATE[42000]: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 11 for SQL Server][SQL Server]Incorrect syntax near ','.' in C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\framework\db\CDbCommand.php:358 Stack trace: #0 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\application\controllers\InstallerController.php(994): CDbCommand->execute() #1 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\application\controllers\InstallerController.php(964): InstallerController->_executeSQLFile('C:\\wamp\\www\\Ibe...', 'lime_') #2 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\application\controllers\InstallerController.php(577): InstallerController->_setup_tables('C:\\wamp\\www\\Ibe...') #3 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\application\controllers\InstallerController.php(79): InstallerController->stepPopulateDb() #4 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\framework\web\CWebApplication.php(282): InstallerController->run('populatedb') #5 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\framework\web\CWebApplication.php(141): CWebApplication->runController('installer/popul...') #6 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\framework\base\CApplication.php(185): CWebApplication->processRequest() #7 C:\wamp\www\IbexSurvey\index.php(214): CApplication->run() #8 {main}[/url]
Attachments:
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 1 month ago #150040 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Installation issue with MS SQL
Which version of PHP is used?
You shoud investigate the MSSQL PHP connection drivers.
PDO_SQLSRV is needed.

Take a look at the SQL PHP team blog. There are the links to installation packages for drivers to get PHP and SQLServer running smooth.
blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/sqlphp/
Or here: msdn.microsoft.com/library/dn865013.aspx

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • maazbaig1234
More
7 years 1 month ago #150093 by maazbaig1234
Replied by maazbaig1234 on topic Installation issue with MS SQL
My PHP version is 5.6.30. I have added correct libraries of SQL Server. But, was facing the same issue.

Then i have manually updated the query synatx from below

INSERT INTO prefix_boxes ([position], [url], [title], [ico], [desc], [page], [usergroup]) VALUES
(1, 'admin/survey/sa/newsurvey', 'Create survey', 'add', 'Create a new survey', 'welcome', '-2'),
(2, 'admin/survey/sa/listsurveys', 'List surveys', 'list', 'List available surveys', 'welcome', '-1'),
(3, 'admin/globalsettings', 'Global settings', 'settings', 'Edit global settings', 'welcome', '-2'),
(4, 'admin/update', 'ComfortUpdate', 'shield', 'Stay safe and up to date', 'welcome', '-2'),
(5, 'admin/labels/sa/view', 'Label sets', 'label','Edit label sets', 'welcome', '-2'),
(6, 'admin/templates/sa/view', 'Template editor', 'templates', 'Edit LimeSurvey templates', 'welcome', '-2');

to

INSERT INTO prefix_boxes ([position], [/url][url], [title], [ico], [desc], [page], [usergroup]) Select 1, 'admin/survey/sa/newsurvey', 'Create survey', 'add', 'Create a new survey', 'welcome', '-2' UNION ALL Select 2, 'admin/survey/sa/listsurveys', 'List surveys', 'list', 'List available surveys', 'welcome', '-1' UNION ALL Select 3, 'admin/globalsettings', 'Global settings', 'settings', 'Edit global settings', 'welcome', '-2' UNION ALL Select 4, 'admin/update', 'ComfortUpdate', 'shield', 'Stay safe and up to date', 'welcome', '-2' UNION ALL Select 5, 'admin/labels/sa/view', 'Label sets', 'label','Edit label sets', 'welcome', '-2' UNION ALL Select 6, 'admin/templates/sa/view', 'Template editor', 'templates', 'Edit LimeSurvey templates', 'welcome', '-2'

After changing , i have successfully installed the lime survey. Now i am facing another issue. I have created new Survey and activated it. When, i filled and submit the survey, it did not save any survey responses.

Please help ![/url]
More
7 years 1 month ago #150098 by jelo

maazbaig1234 wrote: I have added correct libraries of SQL Server. But, was facing the same issue.Then i have manually updated the query synatx from below

Correcting the query string syntax by hand doesn't sound like the correct database / php connection is established.

What version/build of LimeSurvey do you try to install?
What version of Microsoft SQLServer is running?
What did you install as PHP SQLServer connection extension?

Modifying installer scripts (SQL inserts) by hand isn't getting you anywhere in the long run.
If the installer isn't finishing without errors, there is a issue with the installer or your environment around XAMP and SQL Server.

• maazbaig1234
More
7 years 1 month ago #150099 by maazbaig1234
Replied by maazbaig1234 on topic Installation issue with MS SQL
Please see below !

What version/build of LimeSurvey do you try to install?
Version 2.53 , PHP 5.6
What version of Microsoft SQLServer is running?
SQL Server 2005
php_sqlsrv_56_ts , php_pdo_sqlsrv_56_ts
More
7 years 1 month ago #150105 by jelo

maazbaig1234 wrote: SQL Server 2005

php_sqlsrv_56_ts , php_pdo_sqlsrv_56_ts

Take a look at the support of SQL Server 2005 with the different extensions.
docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql/connect/php...r-the-php-sql-driver

Microsoft Drivers for PHP for SQL Server version 3.1 and later support SQL Server 2008 and later

php_sqlsrv_56_ts.dll and php_pdo_sqlsrv_56_ts.dll are version 3.2.

So Microsoft is not stating that your combination will work.
I've no SQL Server 2005 at hand to check. SQL 2005 is EOL since 12th April 2016.
Still could be an installer issue but I cannot reproduce the environment.
Perhaps there is a user with SQL 2005 still running.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose