Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Different design loading speed

• dangerdangerhighvoltage
  • dangerdangerhighvoltage's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #190287 by dangerdangerhighvoltage
Different design loading speed was created by dangerdangerhighvoltage
Hello guys, hope i'm in the right subforum for this.

We are running a small callcenter for research purposes and use Limesurvey as part of our CATI solution. We restricted internet access on the machines in the callcenter down to the minimum (mostly only external sites with survey for other companies) as to not get our employes distracted by the internet.

Since we switched to 3.17 and changed all our designs to the bootwatch theme (people had problems reading the vanilla/fruity theme) we noticed huge loading times. We are talking about ~30sec to 1 minute here, which was unacceptable. The last week was mostly filled with cleaning up every server, updating chrome on the CATI-machines, etc, until today i accidently forgot to change the design of one of the new surveys i made to bootwatch... It's the freaking theme causing this!

I guess it's using some external source for something and trys to connect several times before giving up.

Does anyone know the external resource used by the bootwatch theme so i can unlock that part of the web and just keep using the standard theme? Or is there any other way to solve this, other than straight up buying a template?
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by dangerdangerhighvoltage.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #190289 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Different design loading speed
Maybe the easiest solution would be to modify the vanilla theme to reduce the "problems reading".

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 5 months ago #190290 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Different design loading speed
In 3.19 there are no external call in default theme (public part)

I think it's the same in 3.17

Maybe : check on your console on your instance …
(console : F12 with firefox, go to network tab).

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose