Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Radomization End URLs

• AdaSimion
  • AdaSimion's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #190220 by AdaSimion
Radomization End URLs was created by AdaSimion
We have an extensive survey, with a total of 931 questions.

The aim of the survey is to let participants rate words on several dimensions (e.g. valence, arousal). There are around 920 such words (array type question), that each have 4 sub questions and 9 answer options.

Because the survey contains so many questions, it needs to be divided in more surveys, which need then to be attached to one another.

So far, the survey looks like this:
Part I to Part III: First survey
Part IV (containing all 920 words): will be divided into 8 parts, so 8 separate surveys
(the reason why we want to divide it in so many surveys is that we also had some problems with the page loading, as there are 2 scripts included, one for images and one for randomization - as out of the total of 100 words/questions per survey, the participants should rate/see only 25)

I have 2 questions regarding the survey design.

1. The first survey needs to be connected to all other 8 surveys simultaneously. At the same time, these 8 surveys need to appear randomly for partcipants as well. So that participants have an equal chance of rating words from any of the 8 surveys.
How could we achieve this?

I know that the "End URL" can be used, but I am not sure how to do this for 8 surveys and how I can make sure that they will appear randomly.

2. How can I make sure that the answers to the first and the randomly selected second survey will be connected, so that it is clear that the answers belong to the same participant?

Thank you very much in advance.

Adriana
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #190264 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Radomization End URLs
You will create a random number from 1 to 8 in an equation type question, lets call it "randomnumber" (a lot of descriptions in the forum on how to do that).

Then in another equation question, lets call it "URL", you can create something like:
Code:
{if(randomnumber==1, "URL1", "")}
{if(randomnumber==2, "URL2", "")}
{if(randomnumber==3, "URL3", "")}
etc.

Then in the end url you pipe the result of the question "URL" into it. Not tested, but should work.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: AdaSimion
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose