Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Exclusive option in array filtering on preceding multiple choice question bug?

• RU_Pascal
  • RU_Pascal's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 8 months ago #187557 by RU_Pascal
Hi guys (and gals),

I have a problem which I doubt is unheard of, but for the life of me I cannot find with the search tool. Hence the new topic. My apologies if this is already known and I didn't google it right.

I have programmed two questions, q1 and q2.
q1 is a multiple choice question with an exclusive answer option. Furthermore, some answers are only presented to a select group of people, either group A or group B (relevance equation). The rest is presented to both groups.
Then I have q2, an array-question where people get to evaluate the selected MC-options on a likert scale.
q2 gets visible when someone selects an answer option in q1. The option then is presented in q2 and can be rated.
However, when one (additionally) selects the exclusive answer option in q1, q2 does not change. If one unchecks the exclusive answer option, all answers in q1 are unselected (as they should be), but one has to, once again, select the just deleted answer options in q1 and unselect them by hand to get rid of them in q2. This should already have happened when one selected the exclusive answer option.

I read online that it could be due to the altered template. I already ruled that out. Also, I reproduced the error/bug in a setting where I did not make use of relevance equations in q1.

Are you familiar with this phenomenon and is there a solution for it? Of course, I do not want my participants to be confronted with an issue like this. Looks unprofessional. See attachment for a visualization of my problem.

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards,
Pascal
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 8 months ago #187558 by tpartner
That looks like a bug. If using the latest version, please file a bug report.

In the meantime, you should be able to hide the array via relevance when the exclusive option is selected.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RU_Pascal
  • RU_Pascal
More
4 years 8 months ago #187566 by RU_Pascal
Thank you for your reply, Tony.
We're using "Version 3.7.2+180508", which is not the latest stable release according to this overview: www.limesurvey.org/stable-release
Should I report it as a bug nonetheless?

I will try and hide the question then like you advised.

Kind regards,
Pascal
  • tpartner
More
4 years 8 months ago #187570 by tpartner
Please test a small survey on the demo site and if the problem occurs there file the bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: RU_Pascal
  • Joffm
  • Away
More
4 years 8 months ago #187596 by Joffm
Hi,
just to say:
This issue doesn't exist anymore (here 3.15.5)

1. normal behaviour

2.After selecting the exclusive option

3. After removing the selection

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner, RU_Pascal
  • RU_Pascal
More
4 years 8 months ago #187618 by RU_Pascal
Hi Joffm, tpartner

Thank you for your replies. I tried the demo version you linked above and also could not reproduce the bug. I guess it has been fixed in the course of time (intentionally or unintentionally). It's about time we update then.

Kind regards,
Pascal

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose