Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Design suggestion from survey taker: enlarge Policy text

• bulgin
  • bulgin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 4 months ago #178412 by bulgin
I've had two survey participants tell me they could not click the "next" button when the survey started. Well, of course, it's because they didn't click the "agree to our data policy" checkbox.

Not a biggy but in today's rapid pace environment, it's very easy to lose people over such things. They just figure it's a bad design and don't take the survey and move on to looking at Instagram or something else they prefer to do.

Is there an easy way to enlarge and alter the styling for that section of the survey?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 4 months ago #178463 by tpartner
Something like this in your theme custom.css file:

Code:
label[for="datasecurity_accepted"] {
  color: red;
  font-size: 1.5em;
}

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • bulgin
  • bulgin's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #178539 by bulgin
Thanks for that. It's a good start for me. However, I'm really confused on the naming and categorizing convention for the themes. And perhaps that's why your fix didn't work - I may have put it into the right file but wrong template.

For example, see attached screenshots of the several places where templates are mentioned.

It would look like I am using the Spacelab theme for the bootswatch template. Yes? No?

And if that is the case why is the extens_fruity template showing in the global settings.

I guess I'm trying to understand the heirachy of the naming convention - these template names are spread out across like three or four places in Lime and the names don't always match up.

Exactly where am I supposed to look for the current survey template? I global? In the pull down menu in the actual survey | themes?

Regardless, the input of the code into the custom.css had no effect. And probably that's because I placed it in the wrong template/theme/sub-theme.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by bulgin.
  • tpartner
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #178540 by tpartner
The first screenshot simply indicates that "extends_fruity" is the default theme but that does not mean that you are using it for this survey.

You need to find which theme is used for this survey. If it is a core theme you will need to extend it in the theme editor before making changes. Assuming your survey ID is 298779, the last screenshot indicates that you are using the core "bootswatch" theme so you will need to extend that. When extending it, give it a specific name so you can find it later.

"Spacelab" is just a Bootswatch theme within your survey theme so ignore that for the time being.

Please refer to the manual - manual.limesurvey.org/New_Template_System_in_LS3.x

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by tpartner.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose