Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Drag and Drop: Ranking Questions on iPad and iPhones

• Adcirmai_166829
  • Adcirmai_166829's Avatar Topic Author
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
5 years 5 months ago #175574 by Adcirmai_166829
Hello

I have an issue with a ranking question on iPhones and iPades. The drag and drop function does not seems to be working. Scenario: Ranking question with e.g. 8 answer choices (in the settings: minimal and maximal answers e.g. is equal to 2). On windows devices and adroid mobiles, the question is working (double klick, drag and drop), but the drag and drop function does not seems to work on Apple mobile devices: iPades and iPhones (safari browser).

I don't know if the issue only happens with my limesurvey installation. So maybe someone could try to replicate before I report a bug? (I tried to replicate on demo.limesurvey.org, but only got 500 internal server errors when I wanted to preview/publish the question). Thank you in advance.

Limesurvey Version 3.15.1+181017
The topic has been locked.
More
5 years 5 months ago #175594 by Bigred01
Try including jQuery touch punch in your template and give it a test.

touchpunch.furf.com/

I have also had issues in the past with jquery ui events & listeners not supported on IOS.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #175599 by DenisChenu
I don't think touch punch do the trick : Touch punch is for jquery-ui.

Currently , on 3.X version we use : github.com/rubaxa/Sortable , maybe test this patch : github.com/RubaXa/Sortable/issues/1319#issuecomment-408616448

But i don't have iphone for testing …

Alternative : move to lukasoppermann.github.io/html5sortable/index.html

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Adcirmai_166829
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
5 years 5 months ago #175609 by Adcirmai_166829
Replied by Adcirmai_166829 on topic Drag and Drop: Ranking Questions on iPad and iPhones
Hello
Thank you for your help. I found out what is/was wrong. The ranking question was triggered by an entry in the relevance equation and there I did something wrong (I entered a boolean 'OR' instead of a simple '>='). So the survey worked well but the drag and drop didn't work any more. Thank you very much for your help and sorry for wasting your time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago #175628 by DenisChenu
Ok, then : there are no issue currently with ranking question type ?

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • Adcirmai_166829
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
5 years 5 months ago #175705 by Adcirmai_166829
Replied by Adcirmai_166829 on topic Drag and Drop: Ranking Questions on iPad and iPhones
Hello
Well, I think it is eventually a bit more complicated. The drag and drop function of the ranking questions seems to be dependant of what is in their relevance equations. To make it a bit clearer, I attach a small survey with three questions (q01, q02, q03). The first question is a simple radio buttons question with three answer options (answer code 1, 2, 3).

The second and third questions are ranking questions (with minimal and maximal answers set to four). These are triggered by the first question (answer codes 1 and 2). Both ranking questions are triggered as they should. Moreover, the logical output seems to be fine in both cases. But the drag and drop function is working differently. The relevance equations are:

Q02: ‘q01 == 1 || q01 == 2’ --> In this case, the drag and drop function does not work properly
Q03: ‘q01 <= 2’ --> In this case, the drag and drop function works like a charm

In both cases, the double clicks are working fine.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago #175709 by DenisChenu
OK, same issue on firefox .

Since question his hidden at start, there are a bad sum for final height. In previous release we have all this part : github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/77...ranking.js#L155-L174

To fix the issue.

You can report the bug please.

• DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago #175713 by DenisChenu
OK,

It's not the only one issue here …

1: Same choice height didn't work anymore
2: If you use array_filter for choice : its don't work too (like it work in 2.73)

Else : quick fix : disable Same choice height and same list height

• Adcirmai_166829
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
5 years 5 months ago #175716 by Adcirmai_166829
Thank you, I reported a bug: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=14162 , eventually you could add the further issues? Thank you in advance.
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago #175717 by DenisChenu

potamo wrote: Thank you, I reported a bug: bugs.limesurvey.org/view.php?id=14162 , eventually you could add the further issues? Thank you in advance.

Yep,
done.

Else did you try with "No" on Same list height ?

If you need you can add some padding with
Code:
.sortable-list{
    padding-bottom:5em;
}
.list-samechoiceheight .sortable-list{
    padding-bottom:5em;
}

• Adcirmai_166829
  • Banned
  • Banned
More
5 years 5 months ago #175718 by Adcirmai_166829
Hello
I set 'same choice height' and 'same list height' in both ranking questions to 'no'. The answer fields of the ranking questions are different in size; there appears a small field and in the ranking question with the '||', where I can drag and drop items.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose