Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Participants lose survey data when accidentally booted out?

• ecottrell
  • ecottrell's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #174246 by ecottrell
One of our participants had an issue when he was in the middle of doing the survey (it's about 30-40mins) on his Android phone, his browser accidentally closed. When he clicked on the link again (general link, NOT tokens), it took him back to the very beginning.

I thought cookies would allow him to continue to complete the survey. Is there anyway for him to get back into his partially complete survey? Is that something I need to enable and if so how do I do that?

Also is there something I can change to make it easier for participants who this happens to? I have the ability to save and return at a later time enabled but that's not helpful when their browser closes/crashes.

Thank you.
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 6 months ago #174260 by DenisChenu
No, without token it's a normal behaviour …

And i don't think it's a good way to update this by default. Data is saved in session, not elsewhere : i think it's a good solution.
If you have cookie more than session limit : need cookie consent page. And if there are cookie : you need a good solution for security purpose : cryp whole cookie system for reloading.

It can be a new feature on this plugin : gitlab.com/SondagesPro/coreAndTools/reloadAnyResponse you can create an issue

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose