Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Entering a new question - question box missing in IE 11

• lstrange
  • lstrange's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 9 months ago #170456 by lstrange
We recently upgraded to Version 3.12.1+180616

I had a user using IE 11 try to add a new question to a new survey and the question box is missing. One thing I noticed is as the question page loads the CSS, I see the question input box for a split second but when it fully loads, the box is gone.

I can recreate it. I've cleared browser cache, to no avail. I'm using sea green admin theme, I've done no customization to it.

I also noticed when I go under question group, the description box is missing. Anybody else experience this?
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 9 months ago #170477 by tpartner
A decision (which I do not agree with) has been made to not support IE in the admin interface.

manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_-_Lim...rowser_compatibility

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 9 months ago #170546 by DenisChenu

tpartner wrote: …
manual.limesurvey.org/Installation_-_Lim...rowser_compatibility

Oh i didn't see this !

And for public part

support IE11 (intranet-mode excluded)

:ohmy:
I think we support , but without js (intranet mode disable external js, we can do nothing …)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • lstrange
More
5 years 8 months ago #172540 by lstrange
Thanks for your response - now I'm having this problem in Chrome and Firefox as well. Anyone else?

Lainie
  • holch
More
5 years 8 months ago #172541 by holch
If this also happens in Chrome and Firefox I assume there is some problem on your side. If this would be a problem in LS we would have the whole forum full of this. It might be a bug of this specific version of LS. So before you start anything else, you should update to the latest version of LS and see if the problem still persists.

By the way, I just tested this on my 3.14.4+ 180810 installation under IE 11 and it just works fine. Here a screenshot from IE:

I think the problem is the WYSIWYG Editor. As you can see, under IE11 it does not load.

Under Chrome I notice some delay in loading it, since LS 3. When I open a page, it sometimes takes a little while until the fields appear, where the editor is set.

Try to switch off the WYSIWYG-Editor and have it only as Popup and see what happens.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• lstrange
More
5 years 8 months ago #172543 by lstrange
Thank you so much, that did the trick to adjust it to popup. We have had a lot of firewall adjustments done at our work recently and I'm wondering if there is some external resources that the wysiwig editor uses causing it to not render properly in the default editro mode. This at least gets us working till we figure it out. Thanks!

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose