Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Intermittent Video Issues

• saevers
  • saevers's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #155497 by saevers
Intermittent Video Issues was created by saevers
Hi everyone,

I am a lab research assistant. My PI is currently in another country doing fieldwork that involves running an experiment that we are hosting in Limesurvey. He is currently having technical issues and has limited internet access, so I have to act as a tech support relay. This means that I do not have quick, easy, or complete access to all of his system information, but will provide as much as I can.

We are running three different surveys with 41 questions each where all questions have video running in an automatic loop. Each question is in a unique block, and all blocks are randomized. Two of the three surveys are having intermittent video issues where video is randomly not present. These issues do not happen to the same blocks every time and they do not occur in the same place in the survey every time. They are present regardless of the browser used (both Firefox 53.0.3 and Safari 10.1.1). We have verified that the issue is not present when the video files are played outside of Limesurvey.

He is using Limesurvey Build Version 2.63.1+170305 on a MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015). His computer is running MacOS Sierra Version 10.12.5 and his graphics card is Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB.

To troubleshoot this issue, we have had him attempt to activate a new version of the two problem surveys, but when he does, the issue persists. I have personally checked and this issue does not occur in the online version with the same survey.

Is anyone else familiar with this issue? Are there any troubleshooting steps that we can take to resolve it? Thanks very much for your help.
Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by saevers.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 10 months ago - 6 years 10 months ago #155516 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Intermittent Video Issues
From your description, this sounds rather like a problem with his machine than Limesurvey. Limesurvey isn't responsible for playing the videos, the browser and the machine is. As it runs fine in the online version, I doubt that the implementation of the video into LS is the problem (but you can never rule this out).

So I assume that the videos are stored on his computer and he is running the whole survey offline (including the videos)?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 6 years 10 months ago by holch.
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose