Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token and Welcome Page Sequence

More
6 years 11 months ago #153121 by mass
Token and Welcome Page Sequence was created by mass
Hello Folks,

We drive participants to our surveys via token coded direct-mails - 20,000 at a time.

Is there a way or a developer out there that can make the WELCOME PAGE appear before the TOKEN validation page.

The token page is a source of consternation for ourselves and our participants. They think they are signing up to a SPAM or something work. There is marketing or messaging link between the direct-mail and the token page.

Therefore we'd like to have a message page, an image of where to find the token, etc on the WELCOME page and then a button to proceed to the token page.

Advice, direction, hints, or introduction to developer that can make a plug-in to make this work would be great.
The topic has been locked.
  • tammo
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
6 years 11 months ago #153169 by tammo
Replied by tammo on topic Token and Welcome Page Sequence
I do not understand: when you send a token message and the user clicks the link in that message, they go to the welcome screen. No token screen.

Tammo

Tammo ter Hark at Respondage
For Limesurvey reporting, education and customized themes
respondage.nl
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #153193 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Token and Welcome Page Sequence
If you want an initial "landing" page, this is something you will need to develop outside of LimeSurvey.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #153197 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Token and Welcome Page Sequence
Same as Tammo and Tpartner.

For me the ideal scenario is the one that Tammo mentions: The link already contains the token, there is no screen in between and the respondent goes directly to the survey, without even having to input the token anywhere (less explenation, less problems).
However, it seems that you want to have some kind of marketing text on the first page, then a page where you need to put the token. It is a weird constallation, but Limesurvey is used for the weirdest things...

If you don't require the respondents to put the token by hand, then I would put it directly into the link, then the welcom message can contain whatever you want. If you really want them to put some kind of code, you could always create a custom attribute and provide them with a "second token", which they need to put into a text question after the welcome text, which is validated against this custom attribute in the token table.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• DenisChenu
More
6 years 11 months ago #153249 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Token and Welcome Page Sequence
Or make a plugin to add welcome text before register form : manual.limesurvey.org/BeforeRegisterForm

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose