Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Survey on Android

• bowman
  • bowman's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #152679 by bowman
Survey on Android was created by bowman
We have users complaining that they can't complete survey on an Android Device. You can't scroll past the first category. Any one else experienced issues with Androids? Thanks
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #152687 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Survey on Android
We have complaints that people can't drive their car on the motor way. They can't get on the second lane...

More or less this is your problem description. ;-)

For people to be able to help you, provide as much information as possible. For example:
Limesurvey Version?
Which template is used? Is it a untouched template that comes with Limesurvey or has it been customized?
Does this happen to all Android users? If not, what versions of Android are impacted?
Do you have an example of the survey? Can you provide us with a link?
What question types are causing the problem?
What does "first category" mean?
etc.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by holch.
  • bowman
More
6 years 11 months ago #152689 by bowman
Replied by bowman on topic Survey on Android
LimeSurvey Version 2.00+ Build 130317. The template has been customized but only the color scheme and images. I was not able to ascertain which Android version but the message said both on his phone and tablet. No specific question types are the problem, the submit button obscures the ability to scroll down that page. The link is here but you have to register - ballot.bestofwnc.com/517988/lang-en
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #152691 by holch
This is quite an old version of Limesurvey. Not sure if anyone has one of those still running.

Having to register is quite a bummer because it makes helping you so much more difficult. I'll see if I find some time to do that.

One other thing: The templates from this old version are definitely not optimized for the use on mobile phones. The newest version has some responsive themes that work better with mobile phones.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by holch.
  • holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #152692 by holch
Had a look at your questionnaire just via the browser now and the template is definitely more costumized than "customized but only the color scheme and images". You have a fixed bar at the bottom and the top, the input fields go over the whole length of the page, etc. I don't know any template that was shipped with LS 2.0 that has all that.

• holch
More
6 years 11 months ago #152693 by holch
OK, now checked on the mobile phone.

First of all: someone who fills this "monster" of a questionnaire on a mobile phone or tablet must be crazy.
Second: I see nothing wrong. Could go from one section to the next, scroll up and down just fine.

• bowman
More
6 years 11 months ago #152697 by bowman
Replied by bowman on topic Survey on Android
OK - thanks Holch. I downloaded an Android Emulator and I couldn't replicate the issue either. Yes and it is a Monster questionnaire :)

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose