Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Bug? -- questions can be deleted from an active survey!

• oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #152563 by oleggorfinkel
I have found what looks like a bug:

When a survey is active, you aren't supposed to be able to delete questions, and in fact, the Delete button is grayed out on the question page, nor are the little Delete buttons seen on the right side of the questions list.

There are still two ways, however, that a question can be deleted from an active survey:

1. In the questions list, selecting one or more questions and then group-deleting them through the "Selected question(s)..." menu. The Delete option is accessible on the menu, and when it's used, the question is, in fact, deleted.

2. If I open the questions list on an inactive survey, leave that page open, and then in another browser tab activate the survey, the original page will still continue to show both the Delete buttons to the right of each question AND the group-Delete option in the Selected questions menu, and both of these can be used to delete questions.

Oleg G.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
6 years 11 months ago #152572 by tpartner
If you have found this in the latest release, please file a bug report and give us a link here so we can follow it.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #152573 by oleggorfinkel
I am on 2.63.1+170305, sorry. Not planning to upgrade until at least the summer... But, if you have the latest release installed, it would be a quick check to see if this is still happening there.

Oleg G.
  • tpartner
More
6 years 11 months ago #152577 by tpartner
I can reproduce it in version 2.64.7. Please file the bug report.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #152579 by oleggorfinkel
Ok, sure, I'll try to do it soon. But what LimeSurvey version do I mention in the report -- the one I have or 2.64.7?

Oleg G.
  • tpartner
More
6 years 11 months ago #152580 by tpartner
Use your version but also mention that it has been tested in 2.64.7 and give a link to this thread.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

The following user(s) said Thank You: oleggorfinkel
  • oleggorfinkel
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #152583 by oleggorfinkel
Will do, thanks again for your help.

By the way, I have just run into a much more show-stopping issue, for which there is already a thread from about three weeks ago: www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...wers-could-be-mapped . I just added a post at the end of that thread answering some follow-up questions that Denis had asked and the original poster never answered, as well as new information gleaned from my testing. I'd really appreciate you having a look at that, as I am nervous about this issue possibly affecting my end-of-school-term workflow. Thanks!

Cheers,
Oleg.

Oleg G.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose