Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Partial replies

• FaLifeTime
  • FaLifeTime's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151957 by FaLifeTime
Partial replies was created by FaLifeTime
Hi mates, for a while I’ve been receiving a lot of partial replies for my surveys. Looks like robots or SPAM but I don’t know how to stop it. I tried to set a CAPTCHA element before starting the surveys but without success. I get around 5/10 partial replies (even when partial responses are not allow). Does anybody have any suggestion? However there aren't any problem with completed answers.

Thanks,
4aLifeTime
The topic has been locked.
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151972 by jelo
Replied by jelo on topic Partial replies

FaLifeTime wrote: I get around 5/10 partial replies (even when partial responses are not allow).

We might first have to define what partial replies means to you.
Do you mean partial saved responses or partial responses (which are just not finished surveys). The partial saved responses are saved intentionally via a different button.

What "partial replies not allowed" mean?

Depending on subject, surveylength and incentivation a 50% rate of completeness is fine.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
  • FaLifeTime
  • FaLifeTime's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151974 by FaLifeTime
Replied by FaLifeTime on topic Partial replies
Thanks Jelo. I effectively mean "partial responses (which are just not finished surveys)" without any information load: empty partial responses. With "partial replies not allowed" i refeer that the option "Participant may save and resume later?" is disable.

4aLifeTime
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
7 years 3 weeks ago #151976 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Partial replies
It is very common that people start a survey because they are curious, but then use interest. In many cases, especially they are not receiving any incentives the drop out rate can be quite high (depends very much on the topic, the length of the survey, the question types used, etc.).

Over the years experience has shown us that the following question types cause higher dropout rates:
- Long array / matrix questions
- Open ended questions

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose