Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Cache files which reloaded previous respondent's partial responses

• elainewo
  • elainewo's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 2 months ago #132146 by elainewo
Hello!

We are trying to set-up a survey in which each shopper (or respondent) will be using the same device (e.g. iPad in a store) to answer the survey, while different tokens will be used to ensure each respondent’s participation is kept separate from the others.

We had a try with a survey that was set up with all the options that seemed to be about saving a session, persistence, cookies, etc, turned off.
However, after I participated as a first user, identified with a token, completed 2 or 3 pages of questions, and then closed the window without finishing, when I then opened the link again in another window, the page that opens is the page the initial trial was left at, instead of taking you to the beginning. It doesn’t even ask for a token, while just allow you to go to the end and submit the survey. So this is regardless of using no token, multiple entries token, or 1-to-1 token, since simply opening the same link brings the next participant back where the previous participant had stopped if they didn’t complete the survey.

Do you know if there is a way around this? Thank you very much !

NB: That happens only when a survey is left unfinished. When the first user completes / submits the survey, then the next user who opens the link will find himself on the starting page and be asked for his token, as it should.

We also note that when we tried clearing the cookies/cache from the browsing data (in IE/Chrome/Safari), then the next time we opened the survey link (still the same one), this time the beginning page opened, asking us for a token, as it should. Yet, we cannot rely on the shopper to close the browser and clear the cache for us every time when they drop-out the survey...
The topic has been locked.
  • DenisChenu
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
8 years 2 months ago #132152 by DenisChenu
Seems ipad don't really close the browser , then browser still open, session are not lost.

Add ?newtest=Y or &newtest=Y to your link, or ask apple to really close browser

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: elainewo
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #146401 by dddk567
Somtime the browser will stop some unsecure websites they think automatically, so you need to allow and believe the hints appear when it stop the websites then browser still open, session are not lost.For more details and services you can follow my link below as Ipad manager

Add ?newtest=Y or &newtest=Y to your link, or ask apple to really close browser
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, [LINK REMOVED - NO ADVERTISING]
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by tpartner.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose