Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Don't want to print all Qtn at the "Print Your Answers" page, can I hide some?

• kmanapp
  • kmanapp's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117829 by kmanapp
Dear friends,

As title. Does LimeSurvey support such feature that some questions can be specifically not printed while user clicked the "Print Your Answers" page?

I find just a few settings in relation printing, but not sure what does it function for:
"Insert page break in printable view"

Million thanks!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117835 by tpartner

Does LimeSurvey support such feature that some questions can be specifically not printed while user clicked the "Print Your Answers" page?

Not as far as I know.

I find just a few settings in relation printing, but not sure what does it function for: "Insert page break in printable view"

This is not related to print answers, it is for the printable version of the survey - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Lo...iew_.28page_break.29

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117841 by Ben_V
Hi,
Try this:

1) Use a template only for this survey
2) Open the printanswers.pstpl file
3) Remove and replace {ANSWERTABLE} placeholder by your custom printed report using EM possibilities (You can use mostly all the code & syntax provided in this related post ;) )

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
  • tpartner
More
9 years 3 weeks ago #117843 by tpartner
Nice tip Ben.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
9 years 3 weeks ago - 9 years 3 weeks ago #117850 by Ben_V
thank you!

@kmanapp
You can also use a 100% CSS based solution (only if you are NOT using conditions):
Example:
Code:
.printouttable tr:first-child,
.printouttable tr:nth-child(2),
.printouttable tr:nth-last-child(3),
.printouttable tr:last-child
 {display:none !important}

/!\ Check your source code if "printouttable" class is available. If not find and use another selector.

Benoît

EM Variables => bit.ly/1TKQyNu | EM Roadmap => bit.ly/1UTrOB4
Last Releases => 2.6x.x goo.gl/ztWfIV | 2.06/2.6.x => bit.ly/1Qv44A1
Demo Surveys => goo.gl/HuR6Xe (already included in /docs/demosurveys)
Last edit: 9 years 3 weeks ago by Ben_V.
More
8 years 1 month ago #132234 by jerryd
hello
i also need this kind of solution for print page i won't not to show the empty answers in array text questions i was using variable length array but it doesn't work for printing it show also the hidden column that is not answered by the participant so i am thinking if it is help full using css in printanswer.pstpl so could you help me for not display the hidden columns on the printpage.

Thank you

Thanks alot
jerryd
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #132242 by holch
I don't think this is possible, because the print view can't know which questions have responses and which don't. You would probably have to create your own script to read the database, check if there is an answer and then display it accordingly. But I guess this would be quite some programming work.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 1 month ago #132245 by jerryd
OK tnx Holch

Thanks alot
jerryd
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
8 years 1 month ago #132273 by Mazi

holch wrote: I don't think this is possible, because the print view can't know which questions have responses and which don't. You would probably have to create your own script to read the database, check if there is an answer and then display it accordingly. But I guess this would be quite some programming work.

Coding wise this shouldn't be that difficult. You just need to check the answer before outputting the while line for that question. If it is blank -> skip it.

I could also think of some JavaScript which does the job as a kind of post-processing directly after the page was loaded. One could create a script that checks for empty answer cells and deleted the whole parent row.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
  • holch
More
8 years 1 month ago #132278 by holch
Well, I don't think it is rocket since, but it will definitely a little bit more than a few minutes of tinkering, right?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

More
8 years 4 weeks ago #132326 by jerryd
i am sorry i am not good programming thing where the path to modify or update this code?

Thanks alot
jerryd

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose