Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Dynamic drop down options based on the access token

• bidsro
  • bidsro's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #104225 by bidsro
Hello,

It's possible to restrict options available in a dropdown based on the access token used to access the survey? For example, we have a list o sales agents and we would like to ask the same questions to a range of clients. But each client should see/select in the dropdown list only the sales agent who had contact with this client and signed a contract.

The only option i've found so far is to create a individual survey for each sales agent, but we have 53 agents..

Thank you
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 1 month ago #104232 by tpartner
The way to do this without JavaScript is create one survey with a question for each agent. Conditions or relevance based on a token attribute can be applied to these questions.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • holch
  • Away
More
10 years 1 month ago #104241 by holch
From what I understand, each client will only have ONE sales agent, is this correct?

So why even bother to make them click/pick/choose if there will be only one option anyway?

Include the sales agent as a custom attribute in the token table. Then you can pass the name of the sales agent into the survey, you can pipe it into the text of questions, but you don't need the client too choose, which I find far more elegant.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose