Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Making weekly reports with Limesurvey

More
10 years 4 months ago - 10 years 4 months ago #102508 by duraf
Hi everyone. Thanks to all those that will try to help me.

I want to use Limesurvey as a weekly report tool for my student.

I built a survey with 3 groups of questions.
  • First one has only one question : number of the week.
  • Second one if for permanent datas : name of the student, problem to be solved in the project, main work to be done...
  • Third one is the weekly report. It includes several questions, each for one week only.

As it is a weekly report, student need to reopen the survey. "Multiples answers and updates" are set to "yes" in the parameters, student have a code, and each week, he can answer the new question. Great !

The question of the first group is automatically filled, hidden and validated with a javascript (thanks to Ben_V on the french forum). It doesn't appear to the sudent. It works.
Questions of the second group can be changed at any time by the student. No problem.
In the third group, only the question of the running week has to be filled by the student. No change can be done to the previous ones and, as for the following ones, I don't need them to appear. So, before being displayed, each question of the third group checks the number of the week defined in the first group (e.g. ((num_week.NAOK=="49")) ). Fine !

What doesn't work (yes, there is something that doesn't work) is that, as the previous questions of the running week are hidden, their values is set back to null. I can't anymore have a look to the history of the work of my students. :(

If you have any idea or script about how to force hidden questions to keep their values (for example, how to hide the question after the datas have been read by Limesurvey), my problem would be solved.

Cheers.
Last edit: 10 years 4 months ago by duraf.
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 4 months ago #102511 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Making weekly reports with Limesurvey

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
10 years 4 months ago #102522 by duraf
Replied by duraf on topic Making weekly reports with Limesurvey
Thanks for the answer.
Which file to edit ?
Will all my surveys be affected ?
No way to make it for only questions of past weeks ?
Thanks anyway.
  • tpartner
More
10 years 4 months ago #102523 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Making weekly reports with Limesurvey
Which file to edit ? The documentation explains this
Will all my surveys be affected ? Yes
No way to make it for only questions of past weeks ? No

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose