Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Token mismatch

• Spydre13
  • Spydre13's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 3 months ago #102333 by Spydre13
Token mismatch was created by Spydre13
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to pass users into a survey from a web application that generates the URL specifying a token. Since the users will be taking the survey from a shared device (kiosk, iPad, etc) there will be several surveys taken from that same device. I'm getting this token mismatch error if someone stops in the middle of a survey and then the next one is started:

Token mismatch

The token you provided doesn't match the one in your session.

Please wait to begin with a new session.

Is there something I can do to clear out their session before sending them to the survey EVERY time? Or any other way to avoid this issue? Even though is says "wait" it never does anything automatically, but once I refresh the page it continues as normal.

Thanks!

-Nate
The topic has been locked.
  • fransmarcelissen
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 years 3 months ago #102365 by fransmarcelissen
Replied by fransmarcelissen on topic Token mismatch
Hi Nate,
I think this is the answer
manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Surve...ng_the_same_computer

Bye
Frans
  • Spydre13
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #102369 by Spydre13
Replied by Spydre13 on topic Token mismatch
Thanks Frans, that was the problem. I had that in the URL before but somehow left it out while I was testing.

For anyone else that comes across this, it seems that with LimeSurvey 2+ you can pass the newtest parameter by adding "/newtest/Y" after the survey ID and before any prefilled answers. There is an example here: manual.limesurvey.org/Workarounds:_Surve...using_the_survey_URL

Thanks again,
Nate
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by Spydre13.
  • Spydre13
More
10 years 3 months ago #102428 by Spydre13
Replied by Spydre13 on topic Token mismatch
After some more testing, I still don't have this working 100% how I had it in 1.91+. It seems like the newtest=Y is needed on shared devices to clear the session. However, since I'm using token based response persistence, if a user goes back into an incomplete survey, all of the answers are removed and the survey starts over. I'm guessing that the newtest=Y is causing this, but in 1.91+ it doesn't remove the answers or start over.

Is there another way to clear the session and still allow going back into surveys, or maybe a setting to tell limesurvey not to clear the survey and start over?

Thanks,
Nate

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose