Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers

• Jukka91
  • Jukka91's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #100151 by Jukka91
Greetings,

first of all: Nice job. LimeSurvey works and works. It is very smooth and one of the nicest survey programs I ever worked with.
Thank you.

But now to my problem.
I have many possible Screen-out-questions with more possible "wrong" answers, e.g.

Which brand do you use?

Brand A -> Quota: 100%
Brand B -> Screen out
Brand C -> Screen out
Brand D -> Screen out
Brand E -> Screen out
Brend F -> Screen out

And the next question nearly the same, only with products and not brands.

The only workaround I see at the moment is to set quotas at 0 for the Answers B to F, but I think this is a very comlicated way, especially if you have more than one question with many possible screen out answers.

Is there a better workaround, just like making quotas exclusive? I know, the manual says no, but maybe there is a trick.

With best regards from Hamburg, Germany,

Jukka91
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 6 months ago #100187 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers
There is no direct workaround that I know of but if all of the questions are on the same page, you can:

1) Add a radio question to the end of the group and hide it with JavaScript or CSS

2) Add a quota to the hidden question

3) Use JavaScript to interrupt the "Next" function, check the state of the products/brands questions and click the appropriate radio in the hidden question

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
4 years 3 months ago #192757 by FrankyQuest
Replied by FrankyQuest on topic Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers
can you workaround if u display 1 by 1 questions and for exemple if u click the next button an alert will show up saying the correct answer is...
doesnt matter if you answered correctly or not.
More
4 years 2 months ago #192846 by davebostockgmail
Replied by davebostockgmail on topic Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers
I do this quite often ... the easiest way I have found to do this is as follows ...

1) Create a Screenout Question that is a single choice with one answer 1-Screenout and then set the default answer to that question as the single answer

2) Add a relevance filter to that question so that it only gets asked if the condition is set ... so if your multiple question is Q1 then it is if(count.that(Q1.NAOK)==1 and Q1_1.naok=="Y") or something along those lines .....

3) Hide the question and use it to set the quota outcome.

Hope this helps
More
4 years 2 months ago #192849 by FrankyQuest
ok, but for exemple i have 200 questions, but you will answer just to 25 of them, but every time they randomize, so technically if i understan, i should create a new question for every question i created, am i right?
More
4 years 2 months ago #192850 by davebostockgmail
Replied by davebostockgmail on topic Screen out with many possible "wrong" answers
You can screen out on every one of 200 questions?

To screenout using the quota then it needs to be based on a single choice question so in your example then yes you would need that.

I thought from your original question you was looking for a way to screen out from a multiple choice question.
More
4 years 2 months ago #192851 by FrankyQuest
i didnt understand well, i have 200 single choice questions of radio list type.
and they are shown answer by answer.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 2 months ago #192866 by Joffm
Hi, Dave,

though the topic is "Screen out..." he doesn't want to screen out, but to show an alert on wrong answers.
Because it's only an alert, you could have a following question of type "text display", only displayed on wrong answers, that explains.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
More
4 years 2 months ago #192869 by FrankyQuest
Yeah, if I can show only on wrong answers better, but even if it shows on correct answer is still ok, just to have some feedback.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose