Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Online Reporting: Display actual state of results

• limesurfer111
  • limesurfer111's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #100100 by limesurfer111
Hi,

I would like to give access to an external person (maybe a customer) to the actual state of results of an ongoing survey. Many market research companies call that "Online Reporting".

Some basic requirements:

1) The external should be able to log in for only one defined survey whenever he wants.

2) There should be a possibility for a limitation concerning variables by the administrator? Maybe the external person should not see everything, some variables must not be displayed (e.g. more personal questions). The administrator should be able to select the variables that are shown in advance.

3) The external should be able to set a filter by a variable.

4) The external should be able to do crosstabs of two variables (bivariat variables).

5) The survey should show basic statistics like "mean". This works for numeric questions, but not for scales (for example, it can be interesting to have the mean for a 5-scale from very good to very bad).

To do this my idea is:

to offer an account and password with no "global permission" and restricted "permissions for a single survey" -> only: "Statistics" – "view/read".

So the external can only view the results of one survey and cannot change anything.

But: does Limesurvey offers possibilities to customize the way the data are presented respecting point 1 to 5?

Or is there a better strategy?

Does Limesurvey offer a tool to modify „Statistics“ similar to the „expression manager“ for questions?
The topic has been locked.
  • limesurfer111
  • limesurfer111's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 6 months ago #100101 by limesurfer111
Replied by limesurfer111 on topic Online Reporting: Display actual state of results
Here some information about Version

LimeSurvey Version + Build Version 2.00+ Build 130913
PHP Version 5.4
MySQL Version ?
Betriebssystem Win 7
Browser, etc. Netscape
More
10 years 2 months ago #103941 by itsme
hello, I'm also interested in this question, any idea guys? what strategy to use to implement this?
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
10 years 2 months ago #103954 by tpartner
This would require custom PHP coding.

Have a look at /limeSurveyRoot/application/controllers/Statistics_userController.php

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
More
10 years 2 months ago #103959 by itsme
perfect, but i am a little poor in coding, any example to look at so i can follow please??
  • Mazi
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
10 years 2 months ago #104036 by Mazi
With Limesurvey 2.0 it got very tricky to hook into the LS code because that version uses a framework. Using Limesurvey 1.92 such a feature would be easier to implement.

Depending on the complexity of the required report, I would suggest to create a stand alone script which reads from the Limesurvey database directly.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
More
10 years 2 months ago #104039 by itsme
hi mazi
can i still use the 1.92 normally isn't it outdated and version 2 is to replace that one?
also, if this id ok, which exact version of 1.92 should i use? any build name or link to download?
cz as you said already, me too didn't see that much advanced and differences between 1.92 and 2, other that in version 2 can store the start date correctly, not going into 01-01-1980 date!!

also, such script, if written standalone for v1.92 is there a place i can understand or learn how to do so? any example or lead to start with? is there a reasonable paid service that i can request such single modification so they can provide the necessary steps or code to use?

thanks in advanced for your time
Mike
  • DenisChenu
More
10 years 2 months ago #104063 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Online Reporting: Display actual state of results

Mazi wrote: With Limesurvey 2.0 it got very tricky to hook into the LS code because that version uses a framework. Using Limesurvey 1.92 such a feature would be easier to implement.

I do not agree ;)

With LS2, you can easily add a new controller and 'do what you want' inside.

ANd you have a lot of documentation for Yii, and it make better code than own code ;).

Denis

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • Mazi
More
10 years 2 months ago - 10 years 2 months ago #104069 by Mazi
itsme, the difference between 1.92 and 2.0 is not that huge. Most changes were done behind the scenes (switching to MVC framework "Yii").
The date issue you mentioned is probably related to the fact that your survey is set to be anonymous. I am not sure if that was a bug at all.

As for the report script: I have worked on such custom reports for several customers and have created a whole Limesurvey report dashboard recently, see attachment.

Feel free to drop me a note at marcel.minke@limesurvey.org and let me know about your requirements in detail so I can provide a rough cost estimation.

Best regards/Beste Grüße,
Dr. Marcel Minke
Need Help? We offer professional Limesurvey support: survey-consulting.com
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 2 months ago by Mazi.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose