Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

automatically repeated (iterated) surveys for regular follow-ups

• tgoetschi
  • tgoetschi's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #99423 by tgoetschi
can lime survey administer regularly repeated surveys, e.g. weekly follow-ups to participants?
Ideally with a set up schedule etc. so the whole thing can more or less run on auto pilot.
It seems iterative survey feature is a good start, but seems to involve quite a bit of manual steps still.
The topic has been locked.
More
10 years 4 months ago #102709 by joshendrikx
I would also be very interested in this!
More
10 years 3 months ago #102769 by supercosh
You could define a start/end date via attributes, and then have a script/cronjob call the LS mailing functions or have mails with tokens sent uppon the start/end attributes.

Howver, if the surveys should be re-sent every week, then it would be a good start to script that, so a new token is generated uppon finish of a survey, and then sent to the user at the correct date.

I have written an interface to LimeSurvey, over which one can send via XML start/end dates of surveys and specific attributes. The participants are automatically mailed, and remindered. If interested, feel free to visit www.dreifragen.net , or I can also give you directions on how you can accomplish such a feature by your own coding.

Regards
Gregor
The following user(s) said Thank You: joshendrikx
More
10 years 3 months ago #102772 by joshendrikx
Hello Gregor, thank you for your reply. I am a novice when it comes to coding/scripting, so any guidance you can give me would be very helpful.
Kind regards, Jos
More
10 years 3 months ago - 10 years 3 months ago #102773 by supercosh
Hello Jos

To start with, you should set up your suvey. Make sure that the survey is not anonymous and that only users with tokens may enter the survey.

Then we would need a cron job, which checks, which surveys have been filled out (table lime_tokens, field "completed" != N). The script then creates a new token for the specific users, setting the "validfrom" field to a date in the future. If you would like answer persistency, you can copy the answers too. Don't forget to set "usesleft" to a value greater than 0.

That's already the whole magic. Of course, you can also write a script which automatically sends mails, if you don't want to trigger them manually in LimeSurvey, but I think for starters, this should work.

Then for reporting, I suggest it would be best to download the data and do the business intelligence in Excel or another stats tool where you can do trend analysis.

If you need professional help programming the script, please let me know (greg(at)dreifragen.net)

Regards
Gregor
Last edit: 10 years 3 months ago by supercosh.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose