Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hide some personal data

• altepath
  • altepath's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #195613 by altepath
Hide some personal data was created by altepath
Hello!

I am using , LimeSurvey version 3.22.9

I have built a survey with many questions. Four of them have sensitive personal data.

Also I will give access to users to see only the responses of all questions (in login panel).

What i want is, in these questions with sensitive data, the users (that non-admin) cannot see the answers in responses-table (in logged-in user panel).

I thought two ways.

First, presenting them with asterisks, for example if the value is "2031002", to present this like this 20***** or ******* , in other words to replace real value-data with format like this.

OR

Second, another thought is to exclude/hide, somehow, these four questions , from the responses-table in panel. (i prefer the first way here).

Is there any way to do something like this? (do you have any other ideas)

The main problem is , i want to prevent non-admin users seeing answers from some questions.

Thank you!
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 1 month ago #195621 by tpartner
Replied by tpartner on topic Hide some personal data
How can people who are not admins see the answers? They need to be logged in as an administrator to see those.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • altepath
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #195623 by altepath
Replied by altepath on topic Hide some personal data
I want to prevent users, that are not admin, from seeing responses from specific questions, not at all.

For example, lets say i have 10 questions.

I want users to be able to see answers in 6 of them. The rest 4 want to display the values(responses) with asterisks like i explained in the first post e.x. 20***** , I do not want users to be able to see responses from these 4 questions (i want hide responses from some questions to users).

And Admins to be able to see all.
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by altepath.
  • holch
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #195624 by holch
Replied by holch on topic Hide some personal data
Tpartner understood this. However, how do you plan on showing the responses to non-admins in the first place? There is no such feature. To see responses you need to be logged in as an admin.

The only thing you can show is public statitics, but as far as I know, it will not show the type of answers that you are trying to hide anyway.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• altepath
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #195626 by altepath
Sorry for the misunderstanding , With "users" i mean users/admins with limited permissions.

I have created a new user "User" and gave to him permission only to responses. So when this user log in will see only responses . ( manual.limesurvey.org/manage_users )

So when i log in with "Admin" user, that has all permissions, i want to see all responses etc, but with "User" user i want to see specific responses (like explained above).

For example responses from a question "Mobile Number" i want to be appeared for the user "Admin" 1234567 and for user "User" 12***** . That's it!
Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by altepath.
  • holch
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #195629 by holch
OK, so it is the terminology. Because LS calls bascially all that can login to be "admins". The ones with all rights are "super-admins".

But what you want to do is not possible, at least not without a custom plugin or hacking the core. As far as I know.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by holch.
  • Joffm
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #195630 by Joffm
Replied by Joffm on topic Hide some personal data
Hi,
in my opinion this is a dashboard scenario though you don't display cumulated data but the raw data table.

So you should consider creating a dashboard application where you can decide which data are displayed to users with specific rights.

Joffm

Volunteers are not paid.
Not because they are worthless, but because they are priceless
  • altepath
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #195633 by altepath
Yes i thought that may have to add some code for that purpose.
Does anyone know from where to start, files to edit etc?

Another senario, despite on user :
Besides all the types of users, is there any possibility to exclude from panel these questions completely. And only can see these from database ?
Somehow, questiones [Q35],[Q36],[Q37],[Q38] not to be present in panel responses, but only in database. (If this senario is easier than depending of the user).
  • holch
More
4 years 4 weeks ago - 4 years 4 weeks ago #195634 by holch
If these questions are at the beginning or at the end, you could think about splitting things into two surveys which you connect via "END URL" feature passing an ID to be able to connect data later.

Last edit: 4 years 4 weeks ago by holch.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 4 weeks ago #195642 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic Hide some personal data
My opinion : here you need a complete and complex drafting of specifications.

A free forum are not a place for such work.

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tpartner

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose