Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Hiding a group of questions if none of the previous responses were checked

• mresibois
  • mresibois's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago #192903 by mresibois
Dear helpers,

While pre-testing my survey, the respondents made a comment that I'd like to adress.
For the context (see also here ), (Q1) I have a multiple choices question where people select which projects they know of.
Next, (Q2) I have another where they select, among those projects, the ones they attended.
Next, (Q3) I have short text fields where they can add projects they attended that are not in the list
Finally, (Q4) I have an array question where, for the projects they attended and the ones they added themselved, they can assess their satisfaction with a scale.

I had to add Q4 in a separate question group, otherwise the page crashed with IE (especially when adding text to Q3). The problem now is that, when people do not enter anything in Q1-Q3, the question group appears with the array. Then the array quicly disappears (thanks to the sub-question filtering) but an almost blank page remains (only the title of the group). Is there any way to conditionnally hide the group in case nothing was selected in Q3 and added in Q4 ? If so, how can I do so ?

Thanks in advance,

Maxime
The topic has been locked.
  • tpartner
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 2 months ago #192907 by tpartner
You can set a "relevance equation" to hide the group - manual.limesurvey.org/Question_groups_-_introduction

So, in this case, maybe something like:

Code:
count(that.Q2) > 0 OR count(that.Q3) > 0

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
The following user(s) said Thank You: mresibois
  • mresibois
  • mresibois's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 2 months ago - 4 years 2 months ago #192911 by mresibois
Hi,
It works perfectly with this equation (had to add NAOK ) :
Code:
count(that.Q0202.NAOK=="Y") > 0 OR count(that.Q0203.NAOK) > 0
Thanks again for your help, I would have lost so much weeks if you (and Joffm) havn't responded so quickly to solve each difficulty that I encouter !!
Last edit: 4 years 2 months ago by mresibois.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose