Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Is it possible to include answers from a previous survey?

• chipcarden
  • chipcarden's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 5 months ago #189743 by chipcarden
For example, could I have a question that said:

"Two weeks ago you rated your manager's helpfulness a 5 on a scale of 1 to 10. Would you say since then your manager's helpfulness has:
a) improved
b) decreased
c) stayed the same

In this example the "5" pulls from a question on one of this users previous surveys. This would require some logic to determine if this user has appropriate results from a previous survey and then, if so, dynamically pulling them in.

I've scanned a lot of the documentation and forum, but I haven't been able to determine if this type of thing is possible with LimeSurvey. Thanks in advance for your help.
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 5 months ago #189746 by jelo

chipcarden wrote: but I haven't been able to determine if this type of thing is possible with LimeSurvey.

This functionality is not available inside LimeSurvey.

You might find workarounds via third party scripts or plugins, but they will demand extra care and might not work as expected throughout the lifecycle of the software.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • tpartner
  • Away
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 5 months ago #189750 by tpartner
This would likely require some fairly extensive coding involving an AJAX call to a remote PHP file that uses the API or direct SQL queries to retrieve previous records.

Cheers,
Tony Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 5 months ago #189756 by gabrieljenik
Hi,

I have done something like that in the past. Please, contact me at gabriel@encuesta.biz and we can discuss further.

Thanks

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• holch
More
4 years 5 months ago #189775 by holch
If you need this automated, then this will be probably a lot of custom coding, as mentioned above.

However, if a little bit of manual labor isn't off the charts, then you could create this relatively quickly.

Just create a token table including the responses from the previous survey in custom attributes and then pipe these results into the survey.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 5 months ago #189789 by DenisChenu

holch wrote: Just create a token table including the responses from the previous survey in custom attributes and then pipe these results into the survey.

Yep : this solution work :+1:

And if you want some automatisation : updateTokenByResponse can help.

Else solution to get previous response by current token value in "multi token survey" can be done too with plugin ( you can contact Gabriel or any other parners

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose