Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Excluding options from 2th and 3th question based on previous anwsers(Condition)

• Kaleb Alves
  • Kaleb Alves's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #189642 by Kaleb Alves
Hello guys,
I'm trying to create a conditional survey for classes option choosing.

So, I have 3 fields, each one of them with the same drop down list having 22 classes options.

If a student chooses "Class 1" in his first option, he cannot choose the same "Class 1" in the other 2 remaining fields.

I think is an Filter or condition problem. Do you know how to attack it?

This is a print from the preview survey.

Thanks
The topic has been locked.
More
4 years 6 months ago #189646 by jelo

Kaleb Alves wrote: If a student chooses "Class 1" in his first option, he cannot choose the same "Class 1" in the other 2 remaining fields.

SingleChoice questions have no answer relevance to exclude items.

The job seems to be to capture three choices, which have a ranking (best choice, second best choice and thirdbest choice).

You could capture that information via one ranking question, where you let people choose three classes from 22.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaleb Alves
  • Kaleb Alves
  • Kaleb Alves's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #189652 by Kaleb Alves
Hi Jelo,
Thank you for your reply.
Ranking worked fine for me. (Un)fortunately, the client asked for also a filtered ranking for the next choices. So, the student will choose 3 options for a class in the first page of the survey, and in the next 2 pages, he will rank another 3 options for a class, excluding the ones he chose before.
Is there a nice way for that?
Thanks
More
4 years 6 months ago #189688 by jelo

Kaleb Alves wrote: So, the student will choose 3 options for a class in the first page of the survey, and in the next 2 pages, he will rank another 3 options for a class, excluding the ones he chose before.
Is there a nice way for that?

Question 1 is about options for a certain class. (Questiontype multiple choice)
Question 2 and Question 3 are ranking questions, which contain the same options (minus the options chosen in Question 1) to choose from like Question 1.

You can try to use "Array filter exclusion" in Question 2 and 3 to hide the options chosen in Question 1.
manual.limesurvey.org/Question_type_-_Ra...ay_filter_exclude.29

You might create an example survey, export it as LSS and attach it here. That will raise the chance for help if you still get stuck somewhere.

The meaning of the word "stable" for users
www.limesurvey.org/forum/development/117...ord-stable-for-users
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kaleb Alves

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose