Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

How to remove JS warning?

• NKVname
  • NKVname's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 6 months ago #189132 by NKVname
How to remove JS warning? was created by NKVname
Hi,

found some answers on the forum, but it was made 6 years ago. Both FireFox and Chrome are showing alert box for a second then people (who use uBlock or Privacybadger probably) are starting survey with next text "Caution: JavaScript execution is disabled in your browser or for this website. You may not be able to answer all questions in this survey. Please, verify your browser parameters."

What is the easiest and fastest way to remove this one? I tried to play modify css files, but it won't help.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 6 months ago #189140 by holch
Replied by holch on topic How to remove JS warning?
This is strange, because I have both, uBlock and Privacy Badger, installed on Chrome and I haven't seen this kind of warning ever.

Do you have any custom scripts on your survey?

Modifying the CSS file won't help with Javascript issues.

First of all: this error message comes from Limesurvey? Do you have a screenshot?
What version of Limesurvey are you using?
What template are you using?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

• NKVname
More
4 years 6 months ago #189141 by NKVname
Replied by NKVname on topic How to remove JS warning?
I am trying LimeSurvey for the first time and this is fresh install for testing purposes. Latest version and no matter which template. I tried all 3 default ones, and it popups anyways.

I am going to reinstall it today and try once again.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189144 by holch
Check on Privacy Badger and uBlock what is causing the problems. Are you blocking ANY Javascript with them? Then the problem lies there. A lot of the checks in Limesurvey are done via Javascript. So if you block Javascript completely, this of course will have an impact on the survey experience and this is why LS shows this message.

Maybe my uBlock and Privacy Badger are not configured as rigid as yours?

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 6 months ago #189161 by DenisChenu
Replied by DenisChenu on topic How to remove JS warning?

holch wrote: Maybe my uBlock and Privacy Badger are not configured as rigid as yours?

I use Firefox content blocking as strict. Privacy Badger + Ublock origin.

Have issue with the js warning shown but ONLY with old template of old LimeSurvey version

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago #189165 by holch
OK, so then I repeat my questions to NKVname:

What version of Limesurvey are you using?
What template are you using?

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 6 months ago #189175 by DenisChenu

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
  • NKVname
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #189254 by NKVname
Replied by NKVname on topic How to remove JS warning?
Hi, people.

So fresh setup and there is the same problem ( feedback.xeovo.com/ ). Even without surveys on main page you can see that JavaScript error pops up. I tested FireFox and Chrome without any plugins. The only browser which does not show any warnings is Edge.
Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by NKVname.
  • holch
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #189257 by holch
Again, no information about the installed version. A "Fresh setup" can be done with any version of Limesurvey. We are not asking this because it is fun or because we are bored or because we want to annoy you. This is valuable information.

I can't reproduce the problem on my installation (Version 3.17.9+190731) in combination with Chrome, uBlock and Privacy Badger installed, I am out.

In general, I don't think it is a big deal anyway. I assume that most people do NOT have those two installed anyway, and those that do should be aware that they might cause trouble in combination with Javascript on websites. It often happens that a website doesn't work and then you switch off those two for the site and all works fine.

feedback.xeovo.com/ also does not show ANY errors for me on Chrome (with uBlock / Privacy Badger on).

Also on Firefox it doesn't show the warning. Actually, the warning pops up during the split of a second on both browsers, but I guess once Javascript is loaded, it disappears.

So it seems that you have Javascript switched off? Or a proxy is filtering Javascript? With Javascript off, I would not be surprised that the message appears and it would make total sense.

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by holch.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 6 months ago - 4 years 6 months ago #189259 by DenisChenu
Seems your email protection js broke loading of no-js.js file

Then : Add this line
Code:
<script type='text/javascript'>/*<![CDATA[*/(function(H){H.className=H.className.replace(/\bno-js\b/,'js')})(document.documentElement);/*]]>*/</script>
at your model
github.com/LimeSurvey/LimeSurvey/blob/0e...yout_global.twig#L77

And if you are on last version : please report issue with your updated template (or plugin).

Last edit: 4 years 6 months ago by DenisChenu.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose