Export/Import responses and participants

More
4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #186362 by jghansen
We have this scenario, an active survey. We would like to changes structure without losing previous answers.

I worked through a process to keep the survey active and makes changes to a copy of the survey. Then import responses and participants into the new survey copy from the active survey.

I am aware you must activate the survey before you can import responses and participants.

My questions are:
Is there data integrity issues with exporting data from the original survey to import it into the new survey?

If so, what are they?

I would like to the survey downtime as small as possible.

Can the end user update their old answers to a survey?
Last edit: 4 months 4 weeks ago by jghansen. Reason: Incorrect grammar and spelling

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
4 months 4 weeks ago #186364 by gabrieljenik
Are you using VV format, right?

If question codes are kept the same in between surveys, there should be no problem.

Also, if using it, you should take care of tokens as well.

Cheers,
Gabriel - www.Encuesta.Biz - Authorized Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?)....[img]

More
4 months 4 weeks ago #186365 by gabrieljenik
I would recommend running a rehearsal and doing a backup as well.

Cheers,
Gabriel - www.Encuesta.Biz - Authorized Partner

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core developpement are on my free time (Say thanks ?)....[img]

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!