Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

User data input (email) used to link to other survey

• holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
4 years 10 months ago #185040 by holch
Denis' solution sounds good. Didn't know about {list()}.

However, all automatic solutions can be risky if you are in countries that take spam and privacy very serious. Of course this depends a little bit on your audience, but if this is available to the public, your approach might be stopped quite quickly by people who do not want to receive unsolicited emails from you.

You could always go a manual approach: Get all emails from the first survey every X days, check them and then invite people to the second survey via a token based survey, uploading the email addresses via CSV as a token table.

More manual work? Yes. Depending on the volume and approach of your survey, it might be worth the extra work (or not).

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu
The topic has been locked.
  • gabrieljenik
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
  • Official LimeSurvey Partner
More
4 years 10 months ago #185042 by gabrieljenik
Replied by gabrieljenik on topic User data input (email) used to link to other survey
Nice workaround! Very creative!

Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.

Checkout our Reporting Solutions and our plugin shop at www.encuesta.biz .

• DenisChenu
More
4 years 10 months ago #185046 by DenisChenu
I don't think it's a workaround : except the admin : i use notification email for a lot of purpose :)

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
More
4 years 10 months ago #185072 by zlobocki
Hi. I do this regularly, but I have not found a neat solution in a box that would not require doing things manually or programming around them.

Here is a summary of what I'd do, feel free to contact me with questions.

1) Survey to select respondents - the only difficult part here is allowing the respondent to add rows. I'd do it using hidden questions - such as asking how many respondents you want to add, and having each "line" as a separate question that is only visible if the answer to "how many do you wish to add" is equal to or greater than a certain value.

2) Unless you automate, some work will be required between the end of survey 1 and the start of survey 2. I'd use data from survey 1 to generate a token table for survey number 2. This token table would have extra attribute fields added. If this is a 360 survey or similar, my token table would have the following extra attributes: invited_by, rater_category, header_text, _message_text.

The first two categories allow me to have the data from each survey neatly labeled for processing. The second two categories make it very easy to send out e-mails from the Limesurvey console in bulk, without having to write separate sets of mails.
  • theendeavorist
  • theendeavorist's Avatar Topic Author
More
4 years 10 months ago #185298 by theendeavorist
Replied by theendeavorist on topic User data input (email) used to link to other survey
Thanks for all the input. We are trying several solutions to see if we can get this up and running :)
More
4 years 10 months ago #185310 by davebostockgmail
Replied by davebostockgmail on topic User data input (email) used to link to other survey
I think that the easiest (less dev time needed) way would be to write a php file that adds new respondents to the token table of your new survey and then email out an invite automatically via the API.

The code to do this can be found here ...

www.limesurvey.org/forum/can-i-do-this-w...icipants-to-a-survey

Then at the end of your survey redirect the participant to the PHP file with the new respondents email address and any other data as pass thru variables appended to the URL.

So you ask Email_1 and Email_2 as an example and then pass it through as

link.php?em1={Email_1}&em2={Email_2} etc ... then modify the above to do the update to token table and send email.

I guess this would only work with a few contacts but if it is 4 or less then the tools are already in place.
  • DenisChenu
More
4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #185369 by DenisChenu

DenisChenu wrote: Put {list(EMAILINVITE)} in the admin notification email …

{str_replace(",",";",list(that.Multi.NAOK))} for a multiple question type …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 4 years 10 months ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: theendeavorist

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose