Numbers array: Set width for all columns

More
4 days 8 hours ago #183411 by AnnalieF
I have a numbers array question (using text inputs) and want to set the same width for all columns, but cannot seem to find the setting to do that.

I have a sub question width attribute (which changes the width of the question) and a text input size (which changes the text box width), but the latter does not change the column width.

So I am left with a very wide column and a shorter text box:


Previous topics mentioned an 'answer width' property under 'advanced settings', but I cannot find such a property in my lime survey version.

Version number: 3.17.0, build number: 190402
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
4 days 3 hours ago - 4 days 3 hours ago #183420 by tpartner
To equalize widths of 3 columns, set (Sub-)question width to 33.3. This will force column 1 to 33% so the remaining columns split between 67%.




Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Attachments:
Last edit: 4 days 3 hours ago by tpartner.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 3 hours ago #183422 by AnnalieF
Thanks, but is there any way to make the width of the columns (X... in your example) smaller so that the array question does not fill the whole screen? E.g:

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 days 2 hours ago #183424 by tpartner
1) Assign a CSS class "custom-width".

2) Extend your theme and add something like this to your custom.css file:

@media only screen and (min-width: 760px) {
 
	.array-multi-flexi.custom-width table.subquestion-list {
		width: 400px;
		max-width: 100%;
	}
}


Cheers,
Tony Partner
Solutions, code and workarounds presented in these forums are given without any warranty, implied or otherwise.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 days 23 hours ago #183432 by AnnalieF

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!