Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

Alphabetically sort question texts built from earlier answers via EM

• socius
  • socius's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago - 5 years 3 months ago #179168 by socius
Hi everybody!

I'm looking for a way to alphabetically/alphanumerically sort question texts that are made from earlier answers via expression manager (via implode('', answer1, answer2)).

I ask my respondents for activities during the course of a day. I ask for activities and their respective time or the day. The respondents should be able to input these activities in any order they like, e.g.

In a follow up questions I'd ask further questions for each of the activities. I'd like to sort these activites according to the time of the day. So in this example "6:00 (breakfast)" should be on top - which would be achieved by sorting these question texts alphabetically/alphanumerically.

Does anybody know a way to do this? In this forum I found a solution to a question about sorting questions for multiple questions, but this does not solve this problem (I think it would sort the questions before the EM-operations) ( www.limesurvey.org/es/foro/can-i-do-this...-a-2nd,-3rd-language ). I did not find no further solutions - hope I did not miss anything. Remark: I use LS 2.6.7LTS and attached the survey with the two questions shown above.

I appreciate any hint - thanks a lot for your time!
Best, G
Last edit: 5 years 3 months ago by socius. Reason: Added .lss file
The topic has been locked.
  • socius
  • socius's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 3 months ago #179195 by socius
Hi!

I just found an error in my posting from yesterday. It should be: "In this forum I found a solution to a question about sorting questions for multiple [strike]questions[/strike] languages [...]". That makes more sense - but it still does not work for this case I guess :-)

Thanks for any hint!
Best, G
The topic has been locked.

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose