Showing/Hiding Question Groups

More
2 months 1 week ago #179065 by Tascja
Hello, I created a survey with multiple question groups that I would like to show/hide depending on the value of an equation question, is this possible?

ie. Group 1 is for <11; Group 2 is for >=11 and <13; Group 3 is for >=13 and <15; etc.
The equation question calculates 11.5 , therefore question group 2 is for values between 11 and less than 13 so it would display and the other question groups would be hidden.

Can I do this using Question group Relevance? Would I need to set conditions for each question in the groups?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LimeSurvey Partners
More
2 months 1 week ago #179090 by elissa
Hi,
Yes, you can show/hide whole question groups depending on an equation question. Put the condition (e.g. Q1>=11 and Q1<13) to the "Relevance equation:" of a group. You do not need to set conditions for individual questions.
Regards

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor
The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, Tascja

More
2 months 1 week ago #179130 by Tascja
This seemed to work perfectly! Thank you!

On a related note, would I be able to include a calculation in the relevance equation?

Ex. Q10>=23 and Q10<(25+16/30)

More
2 months 1 week ago #179196 by elissa
I haven't tested calculations in equations extensively, but a quick test shows that there should be no problem with using calculations.
Regards

Elzbieta Lesinska
LS voluntary Polish translator and supervisor

More
2 months 6 days ago #179202 by Tascja
Thanks for looking into it for me! I tried it out and it seems to work for me as well :)

Start now!

Just create your account and start using Limesurvey today.

Register now
Join our Newsletter!