Welcome to the LimeSurvey Community Forum

Ask the community, share ideas, and connect with other LimeSurvey users!

modify "TOTAL" + "Remaining" boxes - Multiple Numeric Input question w/ sliders

• Maslowest
  • Maslowest's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #174869 by Maslowest
Dear LS-community,

I am using a couple of multiple numeric input questions in the slider style to ask respondents about their priorities among 6 management aims (-> 6 options, slider values from 0 to 10, sum equals 30).

The out-of-the-box slider design is great, but the info boxes on "remaining points to distribute" and "SUM of points distributed so far" are too far down and will be easily overlooked by respondents (see screenshot attached) (this is also what resulted from pre-tests).

My questions:

1. How could I change the position of the TOTAL / REMAINING boxes in a straightforward / rel. easy way? (e.g. to the top instead of bottom of the page)
2. Can these boxes be duplicated in order to be placed both at the beginning of the question and at the end?
3. Any other suggestions on how to help the respondent not get lost / give clear guidance during this exercise of distributing 30 points to 6 areas of focus via sliders?

Thanks heaps in advance for your help.
Marcel

P.S.: Question's .lsq file (zipped) and screenshot attached.
The topic has been locked.
  • holch
  • LimeSurvey Community Team
More
5 years 5 months ago #174870 by holch
It is better to have a LSS file with only the question(s) that is/are problematic, so that the testers here in the forum do not have to create a survey for testing - just import the survey, test, delete.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: DenisChenu, Maslowest
  • Maslowest
More
5 years 5 months ago #174872 by Maslowest
will upload the LSS right away.
  • Maslowest
More
5 years 5 months ago #174873 by Maslowest
LSS-file is now attached,

and here is a link to the question: survey.boku.ac.at/index.php/229744
  • Maslowest
More
5 years 5 months ago #174944 by Maslowest
Any idea, who implemented these boxes? maybe it could get a hold of that person directly...

Maslowest wrote: Dear LS-community,

I am using a couple of multiple numeric input questions in the slider style to ask respondents about their priorities among 6 management aims (-> 6 options, slider values from 0 to 10, sum equals 30).

The out-of-the-box slider design is great, but the info boxes on "remaining points to distribute" and "SUM of points distributed so far" are too far down and will be easily overlooked by respondents (see screenshot attached) (this is also what resulted from pre-tests).

My questions:

1. How could I change the position of the TOTAL / REMAINING boxes in a straightforward / rel. easy way? (e.g. to the top instead of bottom of the page)
2. Can these boxes be duplicated in order to be placed both at the beginning of the question and at the end?
3. Any other suggestions on how to help the respondent not get lost / give clear guidance during this exercise of distributing 30 points to 6 areas of focus via sliders?

Thanks heaps in advance for your help.
Marcel

P.S.: Question's .lsq file (zipped) and screenshot attached.

• holch
More
5 years 5 months ago #174945 by holch
You probably can make the margins between the different elements smaller, via CSS. But I would have to dive into this, because I have not wrapped my head around the new templates yet and I don't have currently time to do so.

I answer at the LimeSurvey forum in my spare time, I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH employee.
No support via private message.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Maslowest
  • DenisChenu
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #174962 by DenisChenu
It's fixed in 3.X see master.sondages.pro/33965?newtest=Y&lang=fr
(still a little glitch with prefix and suffix, but … prefix and suffix are not so beautifull with slider)

Else : i think best solution is to remove this settings, put in Question validation equation sum(self.NAOK) == 30, and use help or tip to show a sentence like
You put {sum(self.NAOK)} … {sum(self.NAOK)-30} to {if((sum(self.NAOK)-30) > 0,"add","remove")}

etc …

Assistance on LimeSurvey forum and LimeSurvey core development are on my free time.
I'm not a LimeSurvey GmbH member, professional service on demand , plugin development .
I don't answer to private message.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by DenisChenu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maslowest

Lime-years ahead

Online-surveys for every purse and purpose